58 | hold me close

I trace my finger over the slope of Jack's nose as lightly as possible, staring at his sleeping face. A sliver of sunlight illuminates a strip of his dirty blonde hair, making it look golden. He's sleeping on his side with one arm draped over my waist, and I don't want to disturb him.

So as stalker-ish as it is, I'm content with just staring at him for the time being.

After a few minutes, the sun is fully flooding our room, and I assume he's gonna wake up sooner or later. Unable to help myself, I wrap my arms around my neck and cling to him, rolling us over so I'm laying on top of him. "Good morning," I say happily.

Jack groans but wraps his arms around me anyway, pulling me closer and burying his face in the crook of my neck. He murmurs something that sounds vaguely like 'good morning' but doesn't open his eyes.

I lift my head. "I need to get up," I tell him, wriggling against his rigid hold around me. I laugh when he rolls us over, switching positions so I'm pinned underneath him. "You're gonna crush me."

Even though this position is actually quite comfortable, I actually need to shower. I act like I'm suffocating underneath him, but Jack just chuckles and makes himself comfortable in this position. Somehow, I manage to slide my way out from under him, finding my footing on the floor.

I stare down at his back as he grabs a pillow and hugs it underneath him. "Have you considered losing weight?" I ask him. "You could've killed me."

"All muscle," he mumbles.

"Sure," I drawl sarcastically, even though his defined back muscles attest to the truth of his claim. Then I turn to go to the bathroom, but when I take my first step, I wince at the soreness between my legs. "Motherfucker," I mumble to myself.

Jack doesn't hear me, and I make my way to the suite-sized bathroom. I pee, brush my teeth with my finger and Jack's toothpaste, and run my fingers through my hair.

Then I notice the gigantic jacuzzi next to the shower. I close the bathroom door and turn on the water. While it fills, I add in a shit ton of body wash to get some bubbles going.

The bubbles are about two feet high by the time the jacuzzi is filled. I groan with relief as I step into the steaming hot water, slowing down when the water reaches the apex between my thighs. It's a slight burn, but it's not too bad.

After scrubbing my entire body for a little bit, I lean my head against the ledge and close my eyes. I'm pretty sure I doze off for a few minutes because when I wake up, the door is open and Jack is leaning against the doorway with just a pair of sweatpants hanging low on his hips. An amused smile plays on his lips as he watches me, arms crossed over his chest.

"Look who decided to get out of bed," I tease, looking up at him.

Jack shrugs. "Sleeping is a lot less enticing without you in bed next to me." He pulls a towel off the rack and folds it up. Then he sits on the edge of the tub, lifts my head, and slides the towel beneath my head as a makeshift pillow. It feels like the bubbles are in my stomach when he leans down to kiss me.

"Do you have to do anything with the team today?" I ask, angling my body to the side and resting my head on the edge, staring up at him.

He thinks for a moment, dipping a hand into the bubbles. "We have a team lunch before the bus takes us back to campus," he says, taking a handful of bubbles and placing them on my head, using it to mold my hair into a mohawk.

I let him mold the mohawk into a crown, then the crown into a spike before I remember something. "Do you have to do anything next Wednesday? Around noon?"