NEW. 54. Hallucinating effects

Hello my lovely people! Sorry for the wait!
Enjoy!

54. Hallucinating effects

Everyone stands up as Luke gets up from one knee, a golden crown glistering atop his dark hair. He stands erect, hands clasped behind his back, looking every inch the King they just declared him to be.

My hands sting from clapping too hard.

So I decide to put my fingers in my mouth and whistle.

Through the crowd, his eyes snap to mine, dark hues of stormy blue and I cant help the pride that flows through me.

The glass roof of the chapel displays the starry sky and the full moon almost at its peak. Luke had the ceremony started before the moon could rise fully, it didn't make much difference in the procedure, but it did stop him for eating the guests.

All the Alphas that attended the ceremony and the participant Alphas surround him, shaking hands, congratulating, inviting him for dinners.

"Your mate just got famous," Casper says to me, hands in his pockets

"He's always been," I say with a smile

"Aren't you jealous?" He raises an eyebrow, glancing at where a very bored Luke is flanked by female Alphas and betas

Just as I look his way, he seems to sense my gaze. His eyes gravitate to mine, irritated itched on them.

"Nah," I wave my hand dismissively "They have no chance."

Casper laughs "You should talk to Gloria soon."

I raise my brows at him "And who's that?"

"My possessive little mate,"

I gape at him "You have a mate?!"

"Of course, Luna," Casper gives me a bemused look "You think I travelled the world with Luke and never found my mate?"

"Then why isn't she with you?"

"I met her last year, but we were still travelling then." Casper shrugs "Gloria was a warrior in training at that time. I'd rather stay away from her than have her give up on all she's worked for."

"Aww, Cas, that's so adorable." I nudge him with my elbow

"Firstly, thanks for acknowledging my good heart and secondly," he gives me a look "Cas? It sounds like a girl's nickname!"

"You do love drama."

"You wound me, Luna."

"And me too," A familiar deep voice says

Luke takes my hand in his, away from preying eyes. I feel the scorching warmth of his skin. Maybe to anyone else, he would look perfectly fine, but I can see the tension in his shoulders, the way he's rubbing his temple every now and then.

He's having a hard time keeping it under control, I give his hand a squeeze, hoping to be of some comfort.

Luke couldn't dose himself with wolfsbane because it would tamper with the ceremony. Goddess, we've managed this on a thin margin.