Epilogue

Epilogue

My phone buzzes beside my pillow.

Without opening my eyes, I reject the call, and pull the blanket over my head, drifting off to sleep again…

My phone buzzes again.

Groaning, I grab it and raise my hand to throw the metallic demon out of the damn window but—

“Heffo?” I drawl out

“Hazel, are you,” There’s the sound of a muffled chuckle “Are you still asleep?”

My eyes flutter open just the slightest bit at that voice, a sleepy smile tugs at my lips.

“Why good morning to you too, love.” I coo

“It’s almost 11, Hazel.” Luke tells me

“So?” I sit up and yawn “The whole point of coming to my apartment was that I get some sleep since all the preparations—

Words dry on my tongue, my eyes widen and I scramble out of bed. The phone still pressed to my ear, I hiss out a string of colourful curses as I look out of the window.

The sun is so high up already!

Luke chuckles “I called just in case, Elise.”

“You bastard, why didn’t you call me earlier!” I glare at the phone, panic bubbling in my head

From the sound of it, he’s trying not to laugh “You forbade me from calling, Hazel. You said it’s a bad omen, remember?”

“Well, in case of emergencies—
The door knocks, I jump out of my skin, almost dropping my phone.

“Crap.” I mutter “Pray for me, Luke, my executioners are here.”

“Best of luck, Regia Mea,” He says “And pray for me too, Casper and Parks have gone absolutely mad about the suit.”

I feel a smug smile lift at the corner of my lips. Casper and Ethan might just convince Luke to wear anything other than the simple black suit he’s hell bent on wearing.

I don’t mind though, he looks amazing in everything.

The door knocks again and I hang up with another curse.

“Just give me a moment!” I call out, racing for my closet, rampaging for my clothes

I take out the dress and spread it over the bed, thanking my stars that the shoes are already placed by the foot of the bed.

“Elise!” Angelina knocks again “Open up! Is something wrong?”

“Nothin’!” I call, brushing my teeth
I can hear her gasp of realization “You over slept, didn’t you?!”

Gargling as quiet as humanly possible I spit out and then make it towards the door. Opening it just a crack, I peek out.

“Tell me you’re alone,” I plead, not wanting to face my mother’s wrath