CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

TW: Slight Mention of Sexual Assault, Violence

"We may not be able to get out tonight..."

After about two weeks, it was time for the Halloween party. After the catastrophic dinner, no one was let out of their rooms, and food was brought to them. Not even Georgia had come to talk to Lance. Carmen had slipped into Leo's room a few times, and she even still went into Finely and Clover's rooms, but it didn't last long, as she would get afraid they would scream and she'd have to deal with Vincent.

Everyone's costumes were all picked by them themselves, everyone except Beatrix. She had never been asked and she didn't even know about it. She had been spending her days painting for a few hours at her easel, then laying around in the dark for the rest. She had started painting something to do with smoke and fire, but she scrapped it. In the morning, she had been in the middle of replacing the canvas when two workers walked in and dragged her out. Like always, she attempted to fight back but gave up after one of them kicked her in the back of the knee.

They dragged her all the way down to the dining room. There, she saw Carmen sitting, putting something on her hand. Leo was beside her, his feet up on the table. He already seemed to be in costume, but Beatrix obviously didn't know about anything.

"Sit," Carmen said as she finally looked up to see Beatrix. She nodded to a chair across from her, and the workers placed her there with a struggle. They kept a hold of her until Carmen told them to shew.

"What do you want?" Beatrix hollered. Carmen didn't even lookup.

"I want to inform you about the party," Carmen placed down the brush she had been using to put something on her hand and it revealed to be a detailed skeleton hand, "Vincent is planning to do a Halloween party for some reason."

"Is that why he's dressed up like that?" Beatrix scowled towards Leo.

"I'm not just dressed up like anything," he said defensively, "I am dressed as a dead Victorian dude, thank you very much." His hair was pretty much the same. He had on makeup to make him look 'dead' and he was wearing a sheer top that vaguely resembled a blouse with some black trousers and dress shoes.

"Anyways, I took up the... liberty of choosing your costume, as no one really wanted to get close to you and ask you," Carmen smirked as she started adding more detail on her hand with a small brush.

"Won't that just come off throughout the day?" Beatrix asked in a sassy tone.

"Not if you can control yourself- Oh sorry, I forgot you can't do that,"

"Good one," Leo held up a hand towards Carmen, who didn't look at him, "Fine." He scoffed as he put his hand back down.

"Well, what did you pick for me?" Beatrix continued the conversation, wanting to leave as quickly as she could.

"Do you remember that painting you made? The only successful one? What was it called?" Carmen tilted her head up, "Anhedonia, correct?" Beatrix didn't even nod.

"Well," Carmen continued, "You're going to be that clown."

"You're joking," Beatrix laughed.

"Nope," Carmen said, hiding a grin.

"That would be embarrassing," Leo chuckled out.

"Wouldn't be the first time she embarrassed herself. Would it, Beatrix?" Carmen looked up at her.

Beatrix rolled her eyes, deciding to not say anything smart back, "What time does this party start?"

"Later, but we can put on your makeup now. Shall we?" Carmen said, putting down her brush she had been using and grabbing another, "Workers!" She yelled and a few rushed in, "You guys should know what to do," The workers nodded and a few of them left and came back with brushes and what seemed to be face paint. Beatrix tried to fight back but two workers held her down.