CHAPTER EIGHT

TW: Violence, Mention of Murder

"...they always have something to throw back at us."

"Uhh sir, it's time for you to be up," a worker said while shaking Vincent. He woke up, startled. He looked around and saw Lana right beside him, then he remembered. She had let him sleep right beside her, at least from his point of view. In reality, she didn't know who he was because she was half-asleep.

"Oh, do you have to ruin such a moment?" Vincent whined as he got up, "Wake her up gently while I get ready," Vincent walked over to his dresser, which had the clothes he would wear to the party on it. It was a brown button-up shirt with a beige suit jacket and matching pants. He also was going to wear long brown socks and brown dress shoes. He had told the workers who were picking out his clothes that he didn't want to steal the show from Lana. He grabbed his clothes and went into the bathroom off the bedroom, which luckily all the rooms had.

"Ms. Grover, it's time for you to be up," the worker said while gently shaking her. She turned around to face him and immediately got up after remembering where she was.

"I'll leave you now," the worker added before leaving the room. Vincent heard the worker close the door, so he hollered, "Your outfit is in the corner darling!"

Lana scanned the room, now fully awake. In the corner adjacent to the bed was a mannequin with a beautiful dress on it. It was a peach-colored dress with white accents. It looked to have a bit of inspiration from the Rococo types of dresses. The top was basically a built-in peach corset that had small, silver buttons that went down the middle. It was revealing up at the very top and was off the shoulder with short poet sleeves. The sleeves were clear with white dots on them. The 'skirt' part was almost like a ball gown. It flared out and the layers of peach were covered by the same material as the sleeves. Also, on the mannequin was a necklace that was almost like an Opera necklace. The beads were silver and spaced out by a silver lace.

"I'll call for some maids to come in and help you put it on while I go and inspect the decor outside," Vincent told her as he came out of the bathroom. If he wasn't a kidnapper and psychopath, Lana maybe would have fallen for him right now.

He opened the door and called for three maids to come in. Lana got out of the bed and was immediately overcome with three maids bombarding her. The dress was actually pretty easy to get on, but the hair and makeup took them forever. They didn't even spend a lot of time on the makeup compared to the hair. The hair wasn't even intricate, they just kept messing up. The hair was a low bun that had two braids leading into it, but they had taken some hairs and made them loose to frame her face. They also stuck a lot of jewels in her hair to also make her hair look expensive.

As the maids ran out, they had forgotten one thing.

The door.

They left it with a crack. Lana quickly noticed this and decided to take action. She wasn't actually sure what she would do, but she wanted to leave the room, to leave this place. She ran out of the room and into the halls. It was hard to try and keep quiet because of the heels they put her in, so she took them off and just held them.

As she wandered around the halls, she kept running into butlers and maids.

"Hello Ms. Grover," one of them said, "What are you doing outside your room? We were told Mr. Grover wanted you to stay there until the party."

"Oh umm, yes. He's letting me walk around a bit before the party," she quickly replied.

"If I may ask, why are you holding your shoes?"

Lana looked at her hands, completely forgetting she had them, "You know how uncomfortable they can be." She smiled to try and make the conversation seem normal.