CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"It's all a lethiferous experience."

After being dragged to the police station, the cops distributed everyone's phones to them. Everyone called someone to assure their safety, even though their names were being kept private, for now at least.

The police had been able to catch Leo around the back, so he was dragged in here not too long after the group. He even managed to give Aisha a little harassment by getting out of the cops' arms and kissing her on the cheek. Vincent, on the other hand, came in calmly, despite the odds against him. Carmen and Nixon weren't found. Only God knew where they were.

Lana had been given back her writings, but the investigators kept everything else. Tommy, who was laying on her shoulder, and Ronnie, who was beside her, both asked to hear at least one page, to which she obliged. She picked the final one that she had written before the costume party.

I have no idea how much longer we'll all be forced to spend in this disastrous place. I have no idea how much longer any of us can take. Even though I haven't seen anyone for a while, I can tell how they feel. I can hear their screaming, their yelling, their crying, their begging. It's all a lethiferous experience.

We have made several attempts to get out of here, and the failure still lingers with us. Were we really that gullible to think we would get out? Are our captors that much more intelligent than us, or are we just ignorant? No matter how much we try and try, they always have something to throw back at us. They always have another way to put us through hell. They will always have the upper hand it seems. Everything they do, we can't even comprehend in the time given. Every day seems like a new year full of events.

But, even while I'm surrounded by all of these horrid things and feelings, I can't help but have a sliver of hope. A silver lining, if you will. We may not be able to get out tonight, but maybe we can get out tomorrow, or the next day, or maybe even a month from now. No matter what they throw at us, we will eventually rise above them. We will leave here. We will live our normal lives.

We will be the victors in this sick game we've been put in.