Chapter Fourteen

The night was going smoothly and way better than I expected. The guys were being friendly even Mathias who did not look worried or jealous surprisingly. He was avoiding me all night just like I was earlier. I think he finally caught on and is leaving me alone from now on.

Eli is getting along with everyone greatly except for Liam and grace who aren't here yet. Hopefully they are okay and getting that sexual chemistry to work because the whole group is tired of seeing them go back and forth. Alex seemed to like Eli since she's the one who has been talking to him the most when I leave him alone I think they would look good  together honestly and their babies would have amazing eyes and platinum blond hair. Hopefully she takes one for the team because we would all love to be uncles and aunts.

Eli seems to like everyone from the looks of it Mathias and him are getting along they were talking about football and just sports in general I think they also talked about cars. Mathias  has a passion for cars ever since he was young I remember how he got a fake car for kids a jeep to be exact and tried to run me over with it multiple times I even have a scar on my leg from that one night he tried to again and I fell on the concrete which made my leg get scraped.

"Lets play truth or dare" Max yells out from the other room entering the living room with a beer in one hand and a piece of ham on the other.

"That's childsplay" Dylan groans in annoyance but the rest said sure to Max suggestion. "Dylan since your whining you go first truth of dare" Max says in a creepy but funny tone.

"Dare" He sighs in defeat "I dare you to.... go lick one step of the stairs.. but not just a stare... the first one" He grins evilly Dylan pretends to fake cry before getting up and doing as told. He quickly put his tongue out for at least 3 seconds before quickly pulling away and running to the kitchen sink to wash his mouth . "Don't be dramatic betty cleaned today" Nico scoffs "This guy" He rolls his eyes using his thumb pointing to dylan who was cleaning his tongue with soap.

"Okay next" Nico yells spinning his bear bottle "I thought we were playing truth or dare not spin the bottle" Mathias questions taking a sip of his beer his adam's apple slightly moving as he swallows -

eww just focus lin

"Elijah truth or dare" Nico yells his name "Uh dare why not Im half drunk already" he shrugs "I dare you to" he taps his chin "I dare you to kiss someone in the room not me though I know how you look at me" he jokes grinning making Eli laugh.

Eli looks around before landing his eyes to mine with a grin on his face he steps in front of m who is sitting on a chair while he's on his knees "can I kiss you its a dare" he smirks I tap my chin pretending to think "fine I guess you can" I roll my eyes playfully. The kiss was sweet it wasn't full of passion or lust but instead short and cute.

"Alright next up, Alex" Mathias speaks up taking my gaze off of Eli and onto him "Dare"

"I dare you to kiss nico" He grins to nico who is looking away suspiciously "Oh me?" He says pretending not to be blushing like he was 3 seconds ago.

Alex smiles sheepishly before standing up and sit on his lap their kiss lasted a good minute before they separated both blushing tremendously at the fact they kissed. "Uh okayyy" Max clears his throat "Mathias your up next"

"truth"

"Okay didn't expect that um...  who last person you slept with"

"Christen" He says straight up not breaking eye contact with me "The school whore?!" Nico yells earning a slap from Alex who was still on his lap "Don't be rude nico and really Mathias?"Alex laughs.

"I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing" He shrugs taking a sip of his water or vodka- one of the two.

"I need to get laid" Dylan comes back sitting next to max "Show me your tongue" I laugh as he does what I said "Nice very clean"

Over the few weeks I've realised how similar dylan and I are. last saturday we went to the mall with Alex since grace could't come we had a whole adventure they showed me how to have fun and not be so 'uptight' or whatever. Dylan was running around the mall with a walker he stole from the food court and it was hilarious how after he stole it he wanted to buy items to play the part he even got an old man's number.

"Lin your turn" Max says

"Dare" I take a sip of my beer while the guys think of what to tell me "Jump into the pool right now" Nico say "Like right now with my clothes on" I question I was only wearing a crop top and Eli's sweatpants I kinda felt bad I would have to wet them. "Yes you have 10 seconds hurry" I quickly run out to the backyard taking off the pants as quickly as possible and jump into the 9ft deep pool.

The water was surprisingly warm I wanted to stay in forever but soon I had to get up to the surface but what if I didn't. No I can't they would know I know how to swim I mean Im model for swimwear for god sakes. As I was going back to the surface a bunch of splashes covered my vision when I wiped of the water from my eyes more water came at me until it stopped. Giggles  and loud voices filled my ears I felt  safe. My friends splashing water to each other or dunking each other back into the pool when one tried to leave they all seemed happy even Mathias was smiling.

I loved it when he smiled his dimples showing and those brown eyes glistening with the light of the moon reflection on to his skin. He didn't look beautiful or pretty he looked much more than that. He looked ethereal. He was extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world. He's Orphic. Mysterious and entrancing beyond ordinary understanding. But these meaningful words can't even describe how amazed I am by him not even the worlds best writer could put into words how I feel about this guy. If I can't how could they.

Once I feel his gaze my way I simply smile I didn't blush or look away I held his stare It felt like years of reconnecting when really I see him everyday. I couldn't look away or this moment wouldn't be happening and something told me he didn't want it to end either. He might be the right to my wrong but im the wrong to his, and then he did what I least expected he smiled back not just a simple friendly smile but those smiles where you can feel it in your heart. If I didn't know him I would say this is love at first sight the way he was looking at me I couldn't describe it even if I tried, It felt like that pure, raw connection with someone unexpected at the most unexpected time, it felt complete in the most unexplainable way.

The power of a glance has been abused so much in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only.

But then it hit me this felt like a goodbye to my feelings towards him, it's not that I wanted them to end but it was more of an I have to. This perfect moment didn't scream a restart it yelled out goodbye to the point my eardrums could burst into pieces I wish I could tell him but It wasn't time nor will there ever be a time.

See I want that burning love the Whole, painful, true love. the kind of love that burns so intense it feels like an explosion of fireworks in your body. The love that leaves you sleepless be exhilarated, speechless but poetic, lost but exactly where you're meant to be. The feel so much  you get scared kind of love. The can't sleep can't breathe can't eat kind of love. The love I never knew I was searching for didn't come from him as much as I wished. I knew It wouldn't happen at least from him. I had to keep looking.

After our little swim it was time for Eli to leave we bid our goodbyes to him not before getting his phone number of course the rest were staying at the house since they didn't want to go home and were too drunk to drive. We offered Eli to stay but instead he had his friend Michel to pick him up. We all agreed to go to a party by where he goes to school after we get back from Paris fashion week.

The night was better than I expected we never heard from Liam and Grace other than them saying they will come over tomorrow In the morning. 

I bet they're together.