─⌖❖ 25

Snorting because no one was able to get a word in edgewise, Page entered Madani's office and put her hands on her hips, wandering around the room with her eyes on the floor. And yet the week had started relatively well and merely gotten worse with each passing day.

"You're making my life hell because they're making it hell for you right now, right?" so far not but soon, it could be the case and Madani's assumption could become truth.

"Something like that," apart from the fact that Madani's plan ended in disaster and Frank possessed his own plan, which Page would certainly not have liked, "I wouldn't even be here if my dad didn't think he had to punch me in the face and he'd handled many a past event better."

"What does your father have to do with this?", Page didn't give Madani more than a cursory glance, "There must be another reason why he's going to your boss."

"He's my boss," Page corrected with a chuckle and began shaking his head in amusement because who, except in a family business, works for their own father, "Associate Deputy Director Killian formerly Supervisory Special Agent. However, can we skip the subject and find Russo? I don't even know what I would prefer. If we got him alive and ended up in jail or Castle just killed him?"

Justice was the big problem here. Too many criminals went free because of a procedural error or because some had the money to afford the best and most cunning lawyers. Basically, it could be said that this legal system was not always the best.

─⌖❖⌖─

The unexpected appearance of Lieberman in the doorway, led by an agent to Madani's office, should confirm his change of heart. If it was for him, not already too late.

Of course, the hacker had promised Castle something and went straight to Madani, who was sitting at her desk, and logged into her computer using her account.

"Frank wasn't messing with you. Okay, not really," merely half, but Lieberman knew how to phrase this better and less negatively so neither Madani nor Page would get mad, "We just didn't tell you everything."

"We noticed.", Page confirmed and stood behind Madani and Lieberman to be able to see what the former analyst wanted to show them and what the plan was.

"You both have to understand that the only thing Frank lives for is to kill these guys so I promised he'd get the chance," and with that, Lieberman had admitted to aiding and abetting murder and a planned crime, "We set a trap for them so there would only be one place they could take us, but with my death, they had to rely on Frank."

A, one man suicide squad, had been Castle's plan.