ch 1 | since we were kids

~in another life, i would be your girl
we keep all our promises, be us against the world~

12 years later

Bethany's pov

I still don't know

Are you going to wait for someone to ask you?

I don't know that either. I'll let you know. Talk to you later.

I cut the call and threw the phone to my bed. All of my friends keep asking me about who I'm going to prom with.

Only one guy, Scott asked me until now and he's cute but creeps around me all the time. All my classmates think he has a crush on me since 2nd grade. You don't grow this kind of feelings that young. Do you?

Anyways prom's not until last week of April which is more than 2 months away. So I guess I'll wait.

I sat on my windowsill. It was wide enough to carry me. This is one of my favourite spot in my room. We used to make conversation through telepathy, sitting here, at dark nights.

I looked back at my phone, callously hanging at the edge of the bed. One earthquake away from falling in the ground.

I scoot over a little bit to take it and then pressed number 1 call log.

Hey what's up?

Brad, where are you?

You have no idea what's going on. I'll be at your place in 5 and tell you everything!

His excitement gives me completely different vibe. He is not himself when he's happy or excited. Sometimes it scares me.

He cut the call before I could even reply.

Cool.

We are best friends since I could remember. We are neighbour since I was 4 and he was 5. We had 1 year of age gap but he was in the same class as me. His room could be seen from my window. That's how we got closer.

Our parents are good friends too. Minus his dad who lives miles away after getting separated with his mom whom he never by the way talks about.

Almost half of the people in our school were jealous of us. Some says a boy and a girl can't be best friends. Maybe the matter of cock and cunt they believe.

Many says you can't be best friends and not have feelings for each other at least once in a lifetime.

Pff, who cares when I have never seen my best friend Bradley Simpson more that a brother. Ps maybe because I have a brother just like him but 2 years older than me. Pss he also has a sister like me but 2 years younger than him.

Plus it's kinda impossible for us to have feelings for each other as we grew up together knowing all our embarrassing histories.

"Hey Beth what are you thinking about? You were zoning out."

I turned my head around to see him walking past the doors with a wide smile approximately 5 minutes later. I watched his tired body carefully when he threw himself at the bed, back facing the ceiling.