prologue

3rd person's pov

"But all my friends have their dads."

"That's the thing Lili, god never gave us one. And don't ask mom this question ever again"

Bradley is 5 and old enough to understand that his dad left them and he's never coming back. But his sister is not. She wants a dad because her new best friend has one.

"Kids I'm home."

"Mom's home, don't ask her about dad", he shushed her.

Rosalyn walked inside the house and ran to hug Bradley and Lili. She is a nurse and a single mom since last 2 years and tries hard to keep up with her children.

"What are you kids doing?", She asked pulling up from them.

"Nothing mom, Lili was taking me to meet her new friend. She has come to live in the house over the street", Bradley sounded like a smart brother who had to know her sister's friends and protect her from anything bad.

"Be careful when you cross the street. I'll fresh up and come after you to meet our new neighbors."

They both walked over to the 4 years old girl, playing with her babysitter and riding a bicycle. Not for once did Bradley leave Lili's hand, that's how protective he is over her.

"Hey, Bethany look my brother I told you about. I don't have a dad because I have a brother."

"But I have both of them! Look, my brother Noah", Bethany said innocently and took off the helmet she was wearing. She pointed at the guy on the street riding his cycle who looks a year older than Bradley.

"Hello, My name is Bradley", the 5 years old boy said, offering his hand to her. He has never seen a little girl with long hair that reached to her waist.

"I am Bethany", she shook hands with him.

"Yeah, I know."

That frightened her so she pulled her hand in a hurry. "How do you know?"

"Lili told me", Bradley said thinking that he mayhaps scared her a little.

"Do you have a bicycle?", Bethany asked him.

"I have one. Would you ride with me?" She smiled and nodded as he asked her.

"So are we friends?" he asked again. Bradley wasn't sure if they were friends because he already scared her once. He is thinking she might not like him.

"I don't know. Lili says you are older. How old are you? 20?"

"No, I'm just a year older than you."

"So you're 6?"

He chuckled,"No! Four plus one is equal to five. So I'm five."

"Wow, you're smart. I guess we can be friends."

"So do you have other friends?"

"Yes I do. I met them long ago. But I never saw them again."

"But you don't see them anymore. How can they still be your friends?"

"I don't know how it works. We played together so I figured it out that we were friends."

"You are funny. But friends are supposed to meet and play everyday. They are friends with you not for a day or a while but for always."

He did sound smart. His confidence got even higher when she praised him.

"Will you be my friend? And not only for today?"

"I guess I can", Bradley smiled at her and looked back at her sister who was playing in the yard while Noah is trying to teach her how to build a lego house.

I have another sister I have to watch over now. He thought.