ch 7 | oh to be young

~what about us
what about all the times you said you had the answers?
what about us
what about all the broken happy ever afters?~

Bethany's pov

Fml.

Since the time I stopped hanging out with Bradley I feel like I don't have any other friends or a life outside it.

I stayed the whole sunday in my beloved room, not to mention I kept the curtains closed to literally avoid my bestfriend. That's how fucked up my life is right now.

"Coming mum", I yelled back since my mom is trying to get my ass down for last 10 minutes. Lili is downstair with her mother. I went down once I saw Rosalyn walking down across the street to her house.

"Hey Lili! Why don't you come up to my room", I called her when I got down.

"Are you guys not talking?", she asked me on our way up.

"We are busy with everything coming up you know? Graduation, big word!"

"Have you heard about his breakup with Mikeyla?"

"Yeah I heard", we both chuckled.

I walked into my room and looked behind to see her glancing over the room next to mine. I smile at her and invite her in.

Once we were settled in my room she said,"Bradley and I had a talk."

"I was hoping that you do. So? How do you feel?"

"Confused. It's just... you see? Even if he was not good to mom, Brad got to know him. He knew who his father was. But I didn't. Don't you think that's unfair?"

It's fair of her to ask for her father's whereabouts but I don't think I have a say in this.

"Maybe he doesn't want you to feel the bad things he did."

"I know, I do know that but for once I want to talk to him. Not caring about the circumstances, just a normal vivid father daughter conversation, you know?"

She couldn't hold herself. She starts crying so I put my palm over her hand.

"Hey hey. I understand you're upset and it's okay to cry. But you gotta do something about it. Did you decide if you're going to see him or not?"

She doesn't stop crying, instead she sobs more than before.

I don't think I was helping her with my words.

I was going to pull her into a hug but  I stop hearing the door opening with sounds louder than bombs and guns.

"Hey B", I lift my eyebrows seeing a cheerful Noah."Wops", But his smile drops when he sees a crying Lili. His eyes go bigger and he rush out.

"Don't mind his crackhead, I'm sorry."

She gives me a hug saying,"And how much I love this crackhead of his."

We both chuckle and pull out from each other.

"But you're only going to get yourself hurt Lili."

I gave her a concerned look knowing how she simps over my brother but my brother being himself always ends up hurting others.

She nods,"I know. I should go. I'll see you", she bids goodbye and leaves in a hurry. I also let her go knowing I can't do anything for her right now. If I was talking to Brad maybe I would talk it out with him, about Lili seeing their dad. If I say something wrong to Lili that's only going to make him mad at me.

"I'll walk you out."

I close my door behind me and looked over my shoulder to see Lili running down, crying. I turned my head to see Noah making out with one of his sluts inside his room keeping the door wide open.

Her coming here today did not help at all. If anything, it broke her more than she already was.

"Lili!"

I ran after her.

"It's okay, Beth, it's not your fault."

She stops to speak then runs back to her home with tears all over her face.

Bradley's pov

"Did you talk? What did you get out of her? Wait, are you crying?"

I babbled out just as I saw Lili coming back. But her face was red as hell and tears were running down her cheeks continuosly.

"Yes and nothing and no I'm not."

She murmured and headed for upstairs.

"Hey hey what happened there? Why are you crying Lil? What did you guys even talk about?"

"It's really nothing Brad", she kept on insisting.

"Was Noah there?", I knew she'd stop there. She turned her face to me and cried more and more without uttering a word then slammed the door at my face.

She went there to help me, to talk to Beth about me to see how she reacts or if she says anything about her feelings towards me. I guess that wasn't a nice idea since it's weekend and Noah was home.

I ran down and across the street and ended up ringing the bell. Beth answered the door and it seems like I shocked her with my appearence right here at this moment.

"What happened? Why is Lili crying? What did that son of a bitch do this time?"

"I'm sorry for whatever happened Brad but you need to mind your language! He's my brother."

"What did he do this time?"

"Lili saw him upstairs with some girl...", she stopped.

"Doing what exactly?", I asked her but she was stonned. She did not move.

I swear to god if he wasn't Bethany's brother I would have killed him a year ago.

"Why did you send Lili?", she asked after a pause.

"huh?"

"Don't act. You could have come to me instead, why Lili?"

"I told her you were ignoring me so she asked if she could help", I lowered my voice.

Bethany came closer, until I could smell her really well, "Ask yourself if she knew it was weekend, if she knew that Noah was going to be home."

She is right though.

I left without saying anything else,  thinking about why would Lili come here knowing Noah was here too, only to hurt herself?

Author's note : Hi, Is it weird that you became an everyday to me and that I can't imagine the day I won't be talking to you?