ch 2 | drunken parties

~why your knuckles tryna hold my sanity?~

Bethany's pov

"There's an after party at Lysa's, maybe we could go there?"

It's Valentine's and we went on a dinner date. Yeah, Scott and me. He's cute and charming but the kind of guy who's too much on the spotlight.

We had a lot of time before curfew so we decided to go to Lysa's party.

"Hey b tch you came!"

"Of course I did. By the way meet Scott, my date", I introduced Scott to Lysa.

"Whoa, he doesn't need an introduction. Hi, I'm Lysa and enjoy the party."

We walked into the living room and met Scott's friends. He has a big group of them.

"So you guys are dating now?", one of his friends asked.

"we...", I was about to say that we only went out once when someone tapped my shoulder from back.

"Bethany?"

Bradley!

"Aren't you studying?"

Yes, that's what I've been telling him to avoid conversations since last week. He thinks I'm busy with my studies at home. I've been also pulling out the curtains straight so that I don't have to accidently face him.

"Hi Mikeyla, I don't think we've met before."

I greeted Mikeyla and avoided his question.

"I guess we haven't Bethany. Bradley talks a lot about you."

"I'm sure he does."

I smiled at her still stealing gaze from him. I could feel his eyes on me, crying and begging for an eye contact but I didn't look back.

"You guys enjoy, i'll see you around", she said and went away holding hands with Bradley.

I placed my attention back to Scott and his friends, while tried to take my mind off of Brad.

Scott brought us drinks. We drank and enjoyed the party. I watched Brad and Mikeyla from a distance, playing, laughing, kissing, making out and what not.

The party was over when it was almost midnight. All went home but I and some of Lysa's friends stayed to help her clean up.

"Thanks Beth."

"No problem", I bid my goodbye and stepped my foot out of her house with the can trash.

"May I help you?"

"Whoa, you scared me Scott."

He took the bag from my hand and put the bag into one of the bins.

"I thought you went home!"

"See I didn't."

I am starting to feel he's not that bad.

"Thanks for helping me out", I said and blushed seeing him smirking.

He smiled and came closer to me. He stroke my hair behind my left ear and I chuckled nervously.

"Did I mention you looked beautiful tonight?"

"You did, just now."

He smirked again and leaned forward. I did same until our lips brushed against each other. He kissed me softly and stayed there until I let him in.

While I kissed him back I felt his tongue accessory interrupting. I tried to pull off to catch my breathe but he didn't let me.

I smiled against his mouth and said,"We're in the middle of a dark street Scott."

"I know babe."

He grinned and soon his lips went to my neck. I tried to stop him and push him away but couldn't. He held me by my wrist and when I tried to push him with my hands my sleeve ripped.

That's when I kicked on his prick.

I looked at my shoulder to see my dress falling down by a side so I tried to hold it. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"What were you doing you dickhead...", I was half way to finish my sentence when someone came running and pulled up Scott by his collar and punched him in the face.

"Oh my lord Brad Stop. You're going to kill him", I got scared seeing Bradley here at that time.

"Of course I will, he touched you. You fucking bastard stay away from Beth."

Scott's nose was bleeding continuously but I didn't care. I couldn't stop crying because of what just happened to me.

Brad rushed towards me while taking his black leather jacket off. He wrapped it around my shoulder and held me in his arms.

"It's fine, it's okay. No one saw. It'll be alright. I'm here."

I sobbed until I reached home. He wanted to take me to the front porch but I denied. I told him I didn't want to face my parents.

He helped me get to my window. Once I went inside I turned around to thank him and say goodbye but to my surprise he also slipped through that small hole. We used to do that a lot when we were primary schoolers. The window was bigger back then. Or maybe we were smaller.

I couldn't look straight into his eyes, knowing we both were kinda drunk. I sat down in the bed and held his jacket tighter around me, sobbing.

"I'm scared Brad."

"Don't see him again. Sleep well, try to forget what happened tonight."

"You got your knuckles bloody for me?", I said holding his right hand with both of mine.

"Why didn't you meet me for a whole week. Were you trying to avoid me?"

"I don't know."

There was a long pause afterwards until I laid down and said,"Stay."

He silently climbed up to my bed and laid uncomfortably.

"I've missed you", I said and closed my eyes, letting the last tear drop fall on my pillow.

I felt a kiss being placed on my temple. He went out leaving me alone. But I didn't open my eyes because I was really scared. I was scared of not seeing him when I open my eyes.

.

.

.

Bradley's pov

I was mad at her, I was mad at Scott, but most of all I was mad at myself.

I had no idea why did Beth behave that way with me, the other day. She knew I liked Mikeyla since we were in middle school. She has been avoiding me since then. She went out with Scott and didn't even care to tell me. I tried to talk to her tonight several times but she kept ignoring me. She was nice with Mikeyla though.

She's nothing less than my sister to me. When I saw Scott forcing himself upon her my blood boiled. Of course I'd always get my knuckles bloody for her without a second thought. Her asking that stupid question made me angrier. But I know how weak she's right now.

So I slipped beside her when she asked me to stay.

"I've missed you", she said and again let another tear fall.

Laying beside her feels so good, so special and so wrong at the same time. No, I can't do this to Mikeyla. I like her, I have wanted her for so long.

But then there's the girl who has grown to be one of the most important human beings in my life. No wonder it was a tough week without her. It felt like something was stuck in my throat.

Not seeing her everyday let me neither swallow nor spit it.