Chapter 8

Andrea POV

I've been informed that Derek was put in the hole aka solitary confinement and CO Fitzpatrick has been fired. Apparently it was found out that he let us have sex in the bathroom. He also let other good inmates get privileges when they weren't supposed to. It's okay though because I'm going to help CO Fitzpatrick and handle that little white bitch, Alicia . Because I know she had something to do with it. I know one person that can clean up this situation and that hates white people and their privilege, my Uncle Amir Mohammed. He is average old head that was a career criminal. But He turned his life around, kind of and now he is a Muslim and owns a store in Brooklyn. He has a knack for trends so every couple of years, the store changes. It used to be a Internet cafe but now he sells vegan food plus has a tech guy that fixes people's devices. And yes I know vegan food and device repair shops don't go to together, I tried to tell my uncle that. He just wanna get that money in a legit way.

Anyway, I walked into his store and everyone greets me

"My wonderful niece and my little niece. How are y'all doing?

"I don't even know the gender yet but we are fine.

"I'm telling you, this baby is a girl.

"Let's go to your office so we can chat.

We walk into his office and close the door.

"So what's up?

"I need your help.

I explain the situation and he promises to handle it.

I have the best Uncle.

*Weeks Later

Derek POV

It's been two weeks and hopefully I get out of confinement today
I'm sitting in the corner trying hold onto my sanity. To think about the beautiful people in my life:my mom, dad, sister, brother in law and my friends. Also, my mind is on my beautiful future wife Andrea and our baby. Andrea has shown me what love is truly is and how it's not toxic. She is strong black woman so I have to be a strong man. I have to rise up and not crumble. I don't want to be in prison any longer than I have to be.

The door opens and the guard appears.

"You can come out now.

I quickly stand up and follow the guard.

We get into the common area and I ask the time.

"8am.

Breakfast time

"Thanks.

I walk away and go into the cafeteria.
I get on the line for food and thinking about my plans after breakfast. Shower then call my woman then family.

I get my food and look for the guys. I spot them at a table and I walk to them.

"Oh shit! D-Rock is out of solitary. I'm glad cause these niggas don't like my humor. *10

"You're dark and sometimes weird humor. Yea, we don't. *Max

We all laugh as I sit down.

The catch me up on what I missed

*Later

I'm at the phone calling my parents
"Derek

"Yes mom it's me. Aren't I the only one you know in prison?

"Such a smart ass. How are you doing baby?

"I'm good. I would be great if I was out of this hellhole and now cause of being in solitary, I might be here longer.

"Have faith. It's a lot you don't know.

"Like what?

"I can't say over the phone but get on the internet. All the answers are on there.

"Okay. I love you mom and tell pops and them my love too.

"Okay. I love you too.

We hang up and I start dialing Drea number.

"Derek your out of solitary. We missed you. Every time I or someone mentions you, the baby kicks.

"She kicks now?!

"Yea and it feel so weird at first. But I'm used to it now. The baby is so active, I wouldn't be surprised if I deliver early cause she ready to see everyone and be a busybody.

I laugh

"She probably gets that from my mom. Speaking of her, she just told me some cryptic shit. Something happened and I should check the internet.

"You definitely should and your lawyer will be visiting you tomorrow. Lots of things have happened.

"Good things?

"Yea. You will be happy. Now I have to go, one of friends is taking me to brunch and baby shopping.

"Aww okay. I love you

"I love you too Derek.

*Prison Library

"Alicia Banks has committed suicide. Her body was found by her assistant and sister. She left a note stated that she is sorry for all the drama that she caused Derek Atwell. She also left behind a audio and documents that may get Derek Atwell exonerated for his crimes. 

"Wow. She is gone and I'm going to be free.

A/n: What do you think about this chapter?