Chapter 9

Derek POV

It's the next day, I already showered and now I'm eating breakfast.

"And y'all think I'm weird but this nigga is smiling while eating this nasty ass breakfast. *10

"He obviously happy about the news. *Mack

"Oh the white girl killed herself cause she was obsessed like that white girl in the Beyoncé movie. Mmm Beyoncé . *10

"Keep your fantasies to yourself and your cell, crazy nigga. *Max

We laugh

"The two biggest obstacles in my life are either gone or will be gone. And I'm finally happy and in love with the right person. I say

" He is getting so soft, yuck. *10

"Shut up. *Mack

10 start making jokes about another inmate while I get lost in my thoughts. I can't wait till I talk to my family.

*Later

"Derek Atwell, your hearing will be tomorrow and you will be free. *Correctional Therapist

I smile

I can't believe my dream is coming true.

Unknown POV

"It's all his fault that my daughter is gone. Make him pay.

"How? Do you want me to shoot him?

"No that would be way too easy. It's time for the long game. I want you to watch them from a distance and when the time is right. Pounce on them.

"Okay.

Narrator POV

It's been a few months since Derek has gotten out of prison and everything has been wonderful. Andrea and Derek got married. Derek reunited with his family and friends. Mack got out of prison a month ago and of course, he will be meeting up with Derek and Andrea soon. Mack promised them some BBQ food.

Life has been good for Andrea and Derek, all they need now is to meet their princess. Naya Renee Atwell will be born soon.

Andrea POV

Derek is hanging out with his friends while I'm at home on the couch. I'm eating chips and ice cream and enjoying myself when I get a weird feeling.

"Omg, my water just broke. Let me text everyone.

I text the family group chat and notify everyone. Derek promises to meet me at the hospital while his parents come rushing into the living room.

"We called the ambulance and they should be here soon. How far apart are the contractions? *Momma Atwell

"I don't. My water broke and the pain came.

"Okay. Well, just deep breaths. Honey, please get her bag. *Momma Atwell

"Okay. *Dad Atwell

We hear the sirens

Derek POV

I rush into the hospital and rush towards the elevator. I press the up button and the elevator doors open. I press the 5thfloor and the elevator moves. I hope I didn't miss the birth. The elevator doors open to the 5th floor and I spot the nurse's station.

"Hello, Which room is Andrea Atwell?

The nurse looks at the computer and types.

"No Andrea Atwell here.

"You must be mistaken, her water broke. Maybe she is in the ER.

She checks.

"No, Andrea Atwell is in the ER.

I will go check myself.

I walk away and get back into the elevator.

I get off at the lobby and walk around to find the ER.

I walk into the ER and I instantly spot my Dad.

"I knew y'all was here, that nurse lady was tripping. Talking about Andrea isn't here. *Derek

"Son, Andrea isn't here.

"Stop, kidding. Why would you be in the ER if my wife isn't giving birth?

"Your mom went in the ambulance with Andrea and 3 blocks away, the EMT kicked your mom out of the ambulance and shoot her.

"What!? Where is Andrea?

"We don't know, the police are now investigating.

"How is Mom?

"Stable. She got shot in the leg.

"Okay. I hope Andrea and Naya are okay.

*Hours Later

The Police found Andrea bleeding but Naya is gone. My daughter is gone and I don't know what to tell Andrea when she wakes up.

Unknown POV

"How much for the baby?

"250k

"Sold! The Black baby girl is now with the Marshalls.

I walk away smiling because I know have my revenge on that black bastard. A daughter for a daughter.

A/N: What do you think about this chapter?

Next Chapter will be a time jump