two

Kiara closed the locker with a light snap and turned around and jumped in fright. Placing her hand on her chest, as if she could slow her racing heart by just that movement, she looked at Emre with wide eyes, and gasped out, "You scared me!"

"You didn't answer my texts," he answered simply a smirk playing on his lips, one shoulder bobbing as he leaned against the lockers looking down at Kiara.

"Your texts? I didn't get any texts...," she trailed frowning. Her hand still on her chest, her eyes moving rapidly from left to right as she tried to remember if she received any texts last night and inhaled sharply. "My phone died last night while I was practicing."

"Practicing? For what, Fight Club?" he said staring pointedly at her pink tinged knuckles, her palm still resting on her chest.

"Piano obviously. I had a bad form day yesterday...," Kiara trailed as she flexed her palms in front of her body. Pouting, "But you know what, the next person who asks me will be getting the Fight Club excuse. At least I'll sound cooler," she finished with a cheeky smile as she continued looking at her knuckles.

Emre looked at the floor, his hand moving on its own to ruffle his hair as he tried to hide the smile that was playing on his lips. No one would ever believe that Kiara Moussa could even hurt a fly, much less be in a fight club. The girl was way too sweet with her Bambi-like eyes and mischievous smiles.

"...Emre, how did you get my number?" he heard her ask slowly, hesitating. "I know I didn't give it to you."

Emre shrugged again, his eyes fixated on her boots. Even with the 2-inch heels, she came up to the tops of his shoulder.

"Is it a secret?" he heard the laughter in her voice. "Would you have to kill me if I found out how you got my number?" she continued giggling, the sound resonating through the recesses of his mind.

"I have my ways," he looked up at her suddenly, pinning her with his gaze.

"Whoa," she whispered, taking an unconscious step back. "Your eyes should come with warning labels on it."

"Oh yeah," he smirked as he leaned closer towards her, his lips tilted in a smirk, "What would the label say?"

"Sorry to interrupt this rather cozy looking rendezvous, but I need my best friend right now," Mila's voice cut through the moment as Kiara looked at Mila, while Emre continued studying the floor.

Before Kiara could say anything, she was yanked away from the lockers by Mila. She kept turning back to lock at Emre and she couldn't help grinning like a loon as she spied him smiling to himself before he walked away.

"So, what is going on with you and skaterboy?" Mila asked, unable to keep the dislike out of her voice.

"Well, nothing since you obviously interrupted. Why? And why do you insist on calling him skaterboy? I get it; he skates, but it's like calling me pianochick...," Kiara rambled catching her breath as they sped walked through the corridor to head to the second floor for their class.

"Newsflash, most people do call you pianochick," Mila said blankly.

Making a face, Kiara said, "Oh...okay then."