epilogue

Kiara hesitated as she looked down at her left hand. Her pursed lips moved right to left as she wondered if she should remove her wedding and engagement ring off her fingers. The diamonds sparkled a tad too brightly under the glaring yellow lights of the vanity.

"Leave it on if you want too," she heard Emre chuckle softly from behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his nose into her hair that she had put up in a haphazard bun. She could feel the movements of his chest against her back as he took a deep breath. Her head automatically lolled to the side, as she relaxed against him revealing the soft curve of her neck.

"Hmmmm...I love them, the rings. They're so beautiful," she murmured with a sigh, her body trembled as he pressed his lips softly on her shoulder. "I don't know if I said it before but thank you. I love our rings," she mumbled slowly lost in the feeling of Emre dragging his lips up her neck. He pressed a light kiss under her ears and unwrapped his arms from her body. Kiara frowned as he rounded the vanity and leaned next to it as he watched her remove the kundan pearl set with unsteady fingers.

"What are you doing?" she asked shakily.

"Watching my wife...undress...," Emre grinned cheekily at her, her eyes pinned on that dimple that she loved so much.

Kiara rolled her eyes, shaking her head her lips tilted upward. "You haven't stopped calling me that since this evening," she raised an eyebrow. Emre looked at his sock cladded feet and shrugged at her observation. Kiara allowed her eyes to rove all over Emre's body. He was wearing a perfectly tailored navy sherwani with faded gold detailing that matched to perfection to her heavily embellished icy blue sharara. He'd unbuttoned it all the way down, leaving the white kurta visible to her. He'd loosened the tie that he'd have on his hair, pieces of it framing his angular face. His beard trimmed to perfection, and she was tempted to run her fingers through it. She swallowed roughly when she met his gaze, the heat in them unbearable.

Kiara never forgot the way he'd had looked at her years ago. The way his eyes burned through her skin and singed her soul. But the way the heat had been building now, as adults, made her throat dry and her head spin as it burned through every part of her sanity. He'd never asked or even tried for a kiss other than sweet forehead kisses and hugs, as innocent as they seemed branded his lips and his touch on her skin. She continued looking at him as she removed her accessories, putting on a cloak of bravado to hide the fact that she was a trembling mess on the inside.

"Kiara...," his voice gruff, he lifted his hand and motioned for her to come to him.

Her breath hitched, as she noticed the taunt lines of his face, neck, and shoulders. Her eyes wanted to dip lower but she bit her lip, forcing herself to concentrate on the task of walking to him in her heavily embellished outfit. She walked to him with a sway in her hips that she didn't even realise was there and stood in front of him.

He lifted his hand and traced the hennaed patterns her left hand that still wore the wedding rings. Her eyes fluttered shut at the sensations that he awoke in her body.

"Did you like the arrangements today?" he asked gruffly, fingers still tracing gently the dark red patterns on her palms.

"Yes," she breathed out, forcing her eyes open. Wanting to look her fill at the man in front of her. Emre and her father had gone above and beyond in organising the wedding within two months of their engagement. They'd decided to keep it extremely small with just family and close friends to avoid all the media frenzy that came with Emre's fame and Kiara was fine with that. All she ever wanted was Emre anyways, the rest just faded away.

Moussa had booked a beautiful château on the outskirts of Paris and Emre had provided all the finer details to make it beautiful. Lucky for them the band's management team drew out iron-clad contracts for all the vendors and none of them had wanted to go into early bankruptcy and the event was kept fully under wrap. It had been a final nod to the chapter of her life in Paris and it was incredibly beautiful.

Kiara snapped to the present as she felt Emre twist the rings on her fingers. There was something on his mind, and she knew she'd need to wait it out. "I...Kiara...," he swallowed thickly, "there's no pressure okay...for tonight...or any other night..."

He looked at her with sincerity as he pressed a kiss on her ringed finger, "I'm just...so happy that we're here, together..."

Kiara pressed herself against his firm body, her hands on his chest as she inhaled the remnants of his spicy cologne, the lick of smoke on his jacket, and the musk of his body. She nuzzled her face under his chin, her hands moving on it's own accord – caressing and massaging the muscles under her palms.

She pulled herself up, her hands hooked behind his neck, and whispered breathily in his ear, "Emre...can I kiss you?"

"Awh fuck, Hasretim...I thought you'd never ask...," he breathed lowly, his eyes squeezed tight. Kiara pulled back and felt his arms band around her waist, his body warm beneath her fingers. Her fingers buried in his hair; she gently pressed her lips against his. She felt a puff of warm air brush her lips and looked up to find Emre staring at her with everything she'd ever wanted; love, lust, adoration, devotion. She surged up and crashed into his lips, this time pouring into the kiss all the love she felt for him as soft kisses became wilder; laced with passion and impatience. She could feel her lipstick smudge as they kissed, and she wanted more.

The hands that were banded around her waist now pressed her closer to his body as they traced and moulded the curves of her body, making her burn bright with desire. Her hands roughly threaded his hair, pulling and tugging the silky strands between her fingers. Noses bumping, teeth clashing, tongues seeking; they pulled away for a second both panting heavily and burst in giggles as they looked at each other. Elation reflected in each other's eyes at finally being able to be together.

"Hey skaterboy, thank you for showing up at my door that day...," Kiara breathed huskily once the giggles died down. Her dark eyes were sparks of ember in the low light and Emre couldn't stop placing open mouthed kissed along her throat.

He bit down gently on the curve of her neck, making her gasp. "Anything for you, Hasretim. Any-fucking-thing for you," he whispered against the warmth of her skin. Emre pulled himself up and kissed her once again and smiled feeling Kiara's upturned lips against his.

THE END