seven

Kiara's fingers drummed against her thighs rapidly until she jumped, feeling cold fingertips closing over hers. She looked over to find Mila frowning at her, her brows knitted deep in thought and the edges of her mouth slightly pointing downwards. Other than that, she looked beautiful with her hair curled to perfection cascading down her back, her thigh high black boots, her fishnet leggings pressed against her skin under the pleather miniskirt, a graphic patterned crop top sweater, faux black leather jacket, black nails, and dark make up. She looked like she belonged in the scene they were heading to.

Kiara on the other hand felt severely underdressed. She glanced down at her outfit and grimaced, I look like I threw something on in a hurry because the dog needed to pee.

"This is why, I always ask you to call me first before you put an outfit together," Mila chided as she saw the expression on Kiara's face.

"It's a gig! I wanted to be comfortable," she grumbled as she looked at her feet. She had on her black trusty Chelsea boots, the ones that she knew she could stand, walk, even run in if needed. Black ripped at the knee's skinny jeans, a long sleeved grey coloured t-shirt that was tucked in, a thin rose gold leather belt, with a warm black satin lined trench coat. She decided to endure Mrs. Jones wrath the next day with a bright neon pink painted on her nails and stacking some of her favourite bracelets on her left hand. She kept her makeup simple and her hair in an elaborate braid down her back, as she took into account how hot the venue would be with so many bodies crammed into a bar.

Hearing the name of their stop over the subway intercom, Kiara adjusted her grey backpack on her shoulders as she walked towards the door. Pushing up her glasses on her nose, she walked out of the train with a sigh.

"Mila, I think I'll just head home," Kiara said dejectedly. "I mean I've been working with Emre for weeks and he hasn't invited me to any of his gigs. Plus, I know I will look totally out of place there. You go, I'll see you Monday," Kiara grouched as she pulled out her phone from her pocket, about to call her father.

"Stop it," Mila said as she plucked Kiara's phone from her hands. Slipping it into Kiara's jacket pocket, Mila walked around Kiara as though surveying what she could do to help with Kiara's appearance. "Well, first of all let's get rid of the princess braids," she mumbled to herself as she loosened the braids that Kiara painstakingly made.

"See, already a big difference," Mila gushed stepping in front of Kiara. She extended her hand out but before she could do anything, Kiara gripped her hand with a vice like grip.

"Touch my glasses and I will break your pretty fingers," Kiara almost growled.

"But you don't need them 100% to see though," Mila whined. "And you know; for a small...innocent looking thing, you are hella violent!" Mila grumbled, as she snatched her hand back.

"Just leave it," Kiara said tense, "I already feel super uncomfortable, I don't need to add to that without being able to see clearly."

"Fine."

They both walked to the venue in silence.

"You really think it's a good idea for us to be here? He has never, not even once, invited me...," Kiara trailed as they stood in line to enter the bar.