nine

"So, where exactly are we going?" Kiara asked as she linked her arms with Mila, Robbie and Emre flanking both girls.

"There's this really awesome pizza place a few blocks away, there's where the boys usually go," Robbie answers kindly.

Kiara hummed, she felt Emre brushing her side as they walked along. Her thoughts still on what he had said with so much intensity, without faltering at all. She felt Mila nudge her and looking at her friend she leaned forward.

"What was that about, back there?" Mila whispered into her ear.

"What is this about, the one next to you?" she whispered back in a conspiratorial tone. A smile playing on her lips.

"You guys look like you were about to kiss," Mila continued whispering.

"You guys look like you want to do a whole lot of things other than kissing," Kiara whispered cheekily and jumped when she felt Mila pinch her arm.

"You know it's rude to whisper when they are others around," they heard Emre say lowly, as he kept looking to the front.

"Yes, it actually really is. Rude, I mean," Robbie said lightly as he looked down at Mila with a raised eyebrow. There was a clear expression on his face that Kiara realised Mila was familiar with because she completely stopped asking questions about what happened. Although knowing Mila, she knew the bombardment of questions would come later when they were in private.

"Wow, that look you just gave her; I need to learn it! She completely shut up," Kiara said in amazement and squealed when Mila pinched her again, this time harder.

"I'm not staying here with this abuser! Frannie, wait up," Kiara stuck her tongue out at Kiara and jogged to Frannie. She looked back at Emre and beamed at him. She took in his ruffled wavy hair, the black bomber jacket over the red flannel shirt and the grey t-shirt underneath. Instead of his usual baggy jeans, he had on pitch black skinny jeans which he paired with his red Vans.

"Quit, checking the boy out like a piece of meat," Frannie muttered, amused.

"I was not!" Kiara flushed pink.

"Uhuh. Sure."

Emre walked in silence next to Mila and Robbie who they were in their own world; whispering words in each other's ears as they walked along. Kiara bit her lip as she struggled to keep her hair manageable as she walked, all the while feeling eyes on her back.

"Finally, we're here," she heard Russell exclaim loudly from the front of the group. Ahad, Raine, Axel, Malcom, and Russell walked in with a familiarity to the place.

"Why is this food train stopping?" Frannie asked, his eyebrows knitted.

"Guys, I didn't think about this before; but I am guessing this place isn't Halal?" Kiara asked tentatively.

"Oh shit, I forgot!" Mila exclaimed.

"You can get the Margarita or the vegetarian pizza with me," Emre offered quietly, looking at Kiara through his lashes, his green eyes oddly catlike in the dark.

"Phew, minor crisis averted. Now can we please eat?" Frannie opened the door to the pizza place.

"You know, you're kinda a bitch when you're hungry," Mila said nonchalantly from behind them and Kiara swallowed a laugh when she saw Frannie just rolling his eyes in response.