Chapter 15 : Family Dearest

Axel's Pov:

Another week passed and I spent it wisely thinking of various ideas for our date.
Today was the day Nyx was supposed to come back home .

I have spent the last night planning my date over and over again and couldn't get much sleep and hence I was late for office.

I wanted it to be perfect.
Not only it was my first day with a guy, Nyx but more importantly it was also Nyx's first date.

I took some help from Lance and I pretty much planned a nice cute little romantic date.

I never did this for anyone, not even Emily.

Oh that damn name hasn't crossed my mind since ages. I think it's for the better, I have Nyx now and I couldn't care less about that wretched lying cheating bitch.
Nyx helped me not only move on but forget that girl easily.
I could say that and that sounds toxic but before Nyx I was really struggling to move on.

When I look back to those days Emily never really loved me.
I could see the blind me obliging to everything she asked and indeed she was with me for money.

I was giddy today , why? Well my boyfriend , wait we never made it official! I could ask him to be my boyfriend on the date. But he was coming today and I was obviously happy to see my baby. I missed him.

I was running late and didn't had any breakfast.
Since Nyx was there he made sure I had breakfast , a real one before I leave.

Him not being there , well it threw me off the routine.
I was heading to my office when Sharon stopped me.
Her face was frantic , I raised my brow asking her 'what'.

"Sir there is a girl and boy in your office and they want to meet you ,
I tried to to stop them but they just barged in saying they were important people and they wanted to see you. I tried calling security sir but they told me not to and just do whatever I was doing and I don't know why but I can't call security or anyone. Don't go in sir."
She frantically told me and if I didn't knew about my vampire lover I would have been concerned for this woman's sanity and would probably scold her why she didn't do anything.

Sharon seemed to be compelled by someone.
Nyx told me how to identity the effects of compulsion and how to know if someone was compelled.

Calming down my assistant and ensuring her that it was fine I stared at the door to my office.
I was sure that there were two vampires in my office.

I knew I shouldn't but they say 'curiosity killed the cat' so me being me , I still walked in my office.

I wasn't scared since I had complete trust in Nyx and his magical amulet plus not like I can't beat them. I didn't do gym for just the looks.
I knew they couldn't harm me.
Even if they did Nyx's amulet will protect me , right?

It did protect me from Lance eventhough he wasn't attacking.

I hesitated , weighing the pros and cons of the situation before entering my office but did it anyway.

I could wait for Nyx but he already must be tired from his trip.
Or I could go in which seemed pretty reasonable. Dont ask me the reasons I don't know them too.

I took a deep breath and entered the office. I found the blinds were slightly open and nothing seemed weird and the room was empty.

I fully stepped in and closed the door behind me.

No one was here. Maybe they left seeing that the blinds were open or didn't wait for me to arrive.
They are vampires afterall , not everyone of them can walk in sun like Nyx.