Chapter 38 : The Attack-P1

-
Axel's pov:

Its really scary when you wake up and you find your fiance packing their things up and you have no idea what's going on.
I literally had a heart attack when I saw this as the first thing in the morning and hastily got up.

When Nyx told me the supposed demon they went after is a demon who's connected to the demon from the past memory who escaped hell to take revenge on him and is most probably planning to murder either one of us. Il
I was a little scared.
Not for me. For Nyx.
He says she has a white Oak stake and if Nyx dies I dont know what will happen to me. I can't live without him.

Yet my stupid boyfriend thinks it's my life which is in danger and he brought me to the meadows and hid me here like a prized possession. I swear if I turn around and find some enchantment written on a paper and stuck behind my back , I won't be surprised.
I can't help but adore him more.
It's been 3 days since I have been in the meadows.

There is a heavy thickness in the air. A danger that can uproot lives. And many of us can literally feel it.

Nyx was stressed, thinking of every possible ways to overcome the danger as swiftly as possible without causing much destruction and casualties. Yes Nyx was stressed but there was someone or many others who were more stressed and scared than Nyx was.
There was a weird and awkward silence among the royal family. Like they all feared and not that they feared the enemy . It was what would have happened to Nyx that scared them.
The target was Nyx, if Nyx was to die , the entire economy and the power of the crown would fall. Nyx was who kept the crown of the royal family where it was supposed to be, at the top.

God I wish and pray with all my heart Nyx would be safe.
Buried in the stress of the upcoming war , Nyx was going crazy.
He was pushing me away too.
He was always working, looking for ways and preparing strategies.
Always coming up with ways ,trying to look for a weak point that'll take the enemy by surprise.
Recently the rouge attacks outside the Elysian Meadows grew. It was like a small havoc was wreaked on earth as a warning.
Packs, clans and covens being slaughtered. The normal people were unaware of the danger, of the sword that dangled above their heads. Even the humans were being targeted.

The demons spared no one and slaughtered whoever dared to stand in their path. They grew stronger everyday and because of this Nyx was really getting frustrated now.
It was when the killing started to form a pattern ,something that somehow concerned the normal unaware humans too they knew something was up and we were already into it.
The most depressing news was that angel's couldn't help us currently. They were busy in their own little problem of some sort.

The prince of heaven was first kidnapped and enslaved by demons too ,in hell and they have been trying everything to rescue him. They were preparing for a war themselves. God I cant believe demons are causing so much problem for everyone and even angels are not doing anything about it.

Everything on earth was like now resting on Nyx's and the royal family's shoulders
After a long tiring day my dear Nyx would walk in at night , cuddle me and fall asleep. Then would be gone before I woke up.
Some days he wouldn't even sleep.
This was taking a toll on him , I knew it. Everyone did, we all could see him turning back to the Nyx he was before he met me. And Nora and Nick tells me, the Nyx before he met me was not a nice person.

Anyway Nyx protected my room with some sort of spell, ordered Michael ,Eliza , Ivy and Rose to train me so I can defend myself and I did learn to protect myself as best as I can. I can single handedly take on Ivy and Rose charging at me together.
And I with some difficulty managed to take on Eliza and Michael together too.

At the moment , I along with others were at the throne room.
The seats filled with Elites, top warriors, the royal family and their mates.
He along with everyone else were talking about how to strengthen up our protection and recent incidents that happened.
I rubbed Nyx's hand under the table whenever he got too tense and he'd gratefully smile at me in reply.