Chapter 17 : Suffering

Axel's Pov:

The date was going absolutely fine until we got lost in the pleasure of making out.

I immediately pushed him away and he apologized too many times.
When he moved a little towards me , I unknowingly shifted back a little and I could see he was hurt by that action.
Then I tried to move towards him when he was panicking but he only moved away.

I felt hurt and regretted it immediately , but I was also scared, what if he had bitten me and drank from me? He could have killed me?
No he can never do that!!

I know him and I trust him enough to know that he will never do that. Not without my permission.
And if he wanted to hurt me and had any bad intention the amulet would have pushed him off but it didn't. That means he was doing it unconsciously and god I think I kinda overreacted.
It was my fault too ,I was touching him everywhere and my tongue hovered over his fangs too many times.

He told me his fangs were sensitive and I think that's what pushed him.
I kept twisting and turning in my bed. The same memory played again and again in my mind and I couldn't sleep.

Everytime I closed my eyes , my mind drifted off to him and the look of hurt he held my heart clench. I was regretting acting so overdramatically.

We could have sorted it out, he's as new as I am in this relationship.

When I couldn't sleep anymore I got up since I needed a glass of water.
The jug of water was empty and I had to go down to fetch some.
I checked my phone and it was quarter past two.
I got up to go down and decided to check up on Nyx as well on the way.

I walked to his room only to find it empty.
Various scenarios ran through my head and those weren't good.
Did he left me ? Was he gone?
The thoughts of him being gone made my heart clench and unknowingly tears pooled in my eyes.

He couldn't have left me for this reason. He isn't like this. I shook my head to clear my vision.
I walked to the joined bathroom in the room and didn't heard the shower.

Where was he?

Then I heard shattering downstairs and I thought what if it was Nyx?

So I quietly went down to the kitchen to see ,it was indeed Nyx and he was drinking blood.

My stomach did weird turns and it wasn't because of disgust . It was something else I can't figure out but all I wanted was to take that glass off his hands and throw it away.

He was resting his hands on the counter with his head hung low. He was shirtless and in just shorts.
He was sweating despite the cold outside and appeared ill.
He didn't even heard me coming as I approached near him.

"Are you ok?" I asked him worriedly as I moved my hand to touch his shoulder.

He was startled and suddenly moved away from my hand as if it would set him on fire.

I felt hurt and I knew he was scared of hurting me but he was pushing me away by doing this.

I knew this behaviour of subs and it was concerning. I cant let Nyx drift away from me only when we started to bond.

"Oh umm ye-yeah ,I'm okay just couldn't sleep you know. I was thristy haha.
Seems like you too. Here" His stuttering gave away his lie. He wasn't fine and knew it but didn't questioned it. He passed me a glass of water.

"I was just going to sleep anyway, yeah. Ok . goodnight!" He tried to sound ok and started heading out of the kitchen but I blocked his path. He dug his nails in his palms and kept his hand down ,not making eye contact with me.