0031

KYLAN MOORE

    "Has this been going on for a while?" Aaliyah asked me

She wondered how long I had been sleeping near the school. I had told her the reason why I didn't have a place to stay.

I had spent most of my life living with my aunt since my mother had passed away due to an overdose to drugs.

Once she passed away my aunt took me in, but living with her was just as worse. My aunt didn't actually truly care about me, she didn't treat me good.

Yeah She gave me a place to stay, but i never felt safe being there.

My aunt had this boyfriend. He would approach me in all different types of ways. I'd watch him constantly stare at me in weird ways all of the time.

I didn't want to stay at a place where I felt uncomfortable, so I tried to avoid that house at all times.

"I've been sleeping near the school since last week, but the things at her house that have been going on for awhile.. I couldn't take it any longer, so I left," I told Aaliyah honestly.

There were more things that went on at the house, like when she would leave me in there with that boyfriend of hers. Things just continued to get more weird and weirder to the point where I had to leave for myself.

"I refuse to stay with my aunt, I would rather keep sleeping near the school."

"Im sorry that has happened to you kylan, you shouldn't had have to gone through that"

" and that won't be happening, kylan, I refuse for you to sleep outside near the school area" Aaliyah said.

"you can stay with me until we figure things out" she continued, causing a smile to appear on my face.

I could see that she truly wanted to help me, and I appreciated that, but she had her own life ahead of her and I didn't want to be in the middle of that.

Aaliyah didn't care about that tho, she was just so always willingy to help. There were very few good people in the world, and I was lucky enough to meet one.

I tossed the McDonald's bag in the trash and checked the time on my phone, which showed it was only 1 a.m.

Aaliyah had gone back into her room to get ready. I believe she told me they were going somewhere and wanted me to tag along with them.

I turned around when I heard a voice calling my name, and it was Antwan. He was so funny to me.

   last night, he was cracking small jokes with me since it took me awhile to fall asleep.

    I couldn't really sleep because it was a new setting but it was better than sleeping outside.

"yes?" i responded back