Chapter 14

Peter changes his mind, screw starting a relationship with his nephew, he's going to kill him instead. For the last hour, Derek has been sitting in the corner of the loft with all the pillows from the couch, and he's whining. Constantly, and it doesn't stop. Peter just wants quiet for five minutes, he'd even take two minutes of silence.

Derek is driving him insane, he really will kill him if he doesn't stop. Okay, maybe not kill, but maiming is always an option. Peter shakes his head, probably not a good choice either. Peter sighs and glances over at Derek, who's staring at the door like Stiles will appear any moment now.

"Derek, why don't you come sit on the couch." Derek barely glances at him, whining again and shifting the throw pillows around. "Derek." Peter groans, he really doesn't want to have to use his Alpha voice or eyes, but it's looking like he might have to.

Derek whines at him, and Peter sighs again. He hopes that Stiles doesn't take too long and that over time Derek won't react this badly when Peter's stuck babysitting him.

____________________

Stiles decides that for today about two hours away from each other is probably plenty, he's a little nervous to go back to see Derek, he's worried. Derek is getting too attached to him, Stiles knows that, but being away from him and not knowing how he's doing is concerning, not only that but Derek is probably wondering why Stiles left him, to begin with. He's basically like a lost puppy, he's probably thinking Stiles abandoned him.

Stiles trusts Peter, he does, it's just his anxiety is starting to flare up a little, it's irritating. Not knowing how he's doing, although he could just call Peter to check-in, see how they're both doing. Stiles nods to himself, that seems like a good idea actually.

It rings twice before Peter picks up the phone, Stiles almost smiles at what he hears first.

"Derek I swear to god, give me that damn pillow," Peter demands, Stiles hides his smile in his hand, Peter sighs. "Please tell me you're on your way back to the loft." Stiles snickers, because that was pretty much a whine.

"Is he driving you crazy?" Stiles laughs, Peter growls softly and Stiles smiles. "I was just about to head over there, yeah. Just called to check-in." Stiles relents, Peter sighs again, but Stiles can tell he's relieved. There's a shuffle over the line, and Stiles frowns.

"Derek, Derek don't you dare. I'm serious." Peter hisses, there's a growl from the other end, and then the sound of the phone being dropped and shuffled around some more. "Derek give me the damn phone." Stiles guesses Derek just stole the phone from Peter.

There's another growl, and then a whine closer to the phone, Stiles sighs. Derek heard him, that's why he took the phone from Peter, which makes sense.

"It's alright Derek, I'm on my way back there now," Stiles reassures him, there's another whine in response. "I'm getting into the Jeep now, so I'll be there in a couple of minutes okay, but you have to give Peter the phone, okay Derek." Stiles closes the door of his Jeep loud enough for it to reach Derek's ears, he makes a noise that Stiles interprets as excited.

There's another shuffle and then a pause.

"Stiles, why is it that he listens to you without you needing to repeat yourself." Peter drawls, Stiles laughs at him.

"Now Peter is that jealousy I'm detecting." Stiles teases, Peter laughs mockingly.

"You're just full of jokes aren't you." Peter replies Stiles grins.

"I was born with a brain full of jokes," Stiles responds and laughs when Peter just sulks on the other line. "I'll be there in a couple of minutes to pick Derek up." Stiles says, and Peter sighs.

"Then I guess I better let you go, the faster I end the call the sooner you'll get here." Peter sounds tired, so Stiles doesn't make a joke this time, just gives an affirmative and hangs up.

_________________

When Stiles opens the loft door, he expects Derek to jump at him, literally. So when Stiles gets through the threshold of the loft without Derek jumping him, he's a little concerned. His anxiety rises, and he wonders if something could've happened between the time they hung up the phone and now. Two seconds later he's on the ground with a lap full of Derek, and he's not that concerned anymore.

Derek has Stiles in a sort of hug, so Stiles wraps his arms around Derek in return. Derek keeps trying to stick his nose right into Stiles' neck, when Stiles tilts his head to look at Peter, Derek preens at having more access. Stiles grins at Peter's expression, being a mixture of mild disgust and amusement. Stiles turns his head to try to get a better look at Derek, but he whines when Stiles tries to move.

"I'm going to get a kink in my neck if he expects me to stay like this for more than fifteen minutes." Stiles muses, it's Peter's turn to grin, full-on and a little off-putting.

"Suck it up sweetheart, that's what happens after you leave a wolf. He's going to scent you, but also see where you've been." Peter shrugs, Stiles almost misses the pet name, he doesn't mention it though, it must've slipped out.

Stiles just sticks his tongue out at him, Peter just smirks at him. Stiles relaxes into the position he's in, but it isn't great for his back, Stiles sighs.

"Derek, come on let's go sit on the couch." Stiles pouts when Derek doesn't even react, just snuggles closer to him. Stiles gives Peter a pleading look.

"Oh no, it's finally quiet in here. I'm going back to my book." Peter grins and Stiles sighs again.

"Can you at least pass me a pillow or something?" Stiles questions and Peter sighs before moving over to where the pillows are piled up in the corner by the door. 

Peter passes the pillow over and Stiles backs up a little until his back is against the couch, once he's rearranged and Derek stops whining at him, Stiles places the pillow in between his back and the couch. Stiles sits back and smiles, he's actually sort of comfortable. As for Derek he's content to stay with his nose buried in Stiles' neck, but Stiles can slouch a little and lay his head against couch. 

Stiles begins to drift off like that, with his anxiety calmed and content to be surrounded by pack.