Chapter 13

Peter isn't sure how to feel about Stiles' statement, he realizes that he's staring, but he's so surprised he doesn't know what to say. Stiles knew he could count on Peter, came to Peter because he knew he'd help Stiles with Derek. Peter is confused now, but Stiles doesn't seem to notice, looking down at Derek with a fond shake of his head.

Stiles looks back up at Peter's silence, and stares back at him. It should cause unease the way they're staring at each other, but Peter only feels himself relax further. Stiles is a mystery, even to Peter, but instead of feeling unease at the thought, it doesn't bother Peter in the slightest.

"You knew I'd help you?" Peter questions slowly, and Stiles raises an eyebrow.

"No, but I thought I'd ask. I trust you, Peter." Stiles answers, and that really wasn't what Peter was expecting, he continues to stare at Stiles for a minute, because what should he respond with.

"I, I don't, what?" Peter stutters, and Stiles' laugh fills the room, although Peter isn't too sure why.

"That's the first time I've heard you speechless." Stiles laughs, and Peter blinks. "Yes, I trust you." Stiles reassures, and Peter just stares at him.

Stiles' heart is steady, there was no skip in the beats to tell Peter he is lying. Peter finds that fact bewilders him the most. Stiles shouldn't trust Peter, no one does, and yet here he is. Trusting Peter with watching Derek, and by being in his presence, while Peter's an Alpha, even if Stiles doesn't know that yet.

Peter isn't sure how to answer, so he doesn't say anything at all.

"Now that that's on the table, know that if you lose my trust it'll be hard to gain it back. I trust that you won't hurt Derek, or take advantage of his situation." Stiles narrows his eyes, and stands up.

"I wouldn't dream of crossing you, or betraying your trust, least I be set on fire again." Peter deadpans, Stiles winces.

"If I haven't said it already, I am sorry for setting you on fire again, that was cruel, especially 'cause of how your family was murdered." Stiles rubs the back of his neck, and then turns to look at Derek, without waiting for Peter to respond.

"You," Stiles points at Derek, "Be good for Peter, don't give him a hard time, okay." Derek just stares back, tilting his head. When Stiles moves to get up, Derek moves to follow.

"Derek," Peter starts, and Derek tilts his head at him, showing he's listening. "You have to stay here for a bit." Derek tilts his head a little more, looking confused.

He shoots Stiles that confused look, and Stiles nods in confirmation. Derek begins to growl lowly, Peter rolls his eyes. It's not like he's that bad to hang out with, he just wants to repair his relationship with Derek, is that so hard to ask for.

Apparently, because Derek tries to get closer to Stiles again. Stiles shakes his and hold a hand out, trying to get Derek to stay where he is, it doesn't work. Derek moves forward, chest rumbling with a low growl, Peter sighs and gets up. 

"Derek, Stiles has to go. He'll be back later on, why don't you and I head to the preserve?" Peter says, and Derek snarls at him, putting himself between Stiles and Peter. 

Stiles back away slowly, keeping a close eye on the two. Peter takes the hint and begins to ramble, while Derek's distracted Stiles slips out of the door. Derek whips around at the door, looking around frantically searching for Stiles. Peter didn't realise that Derek was so attached to Stiles, but then again he protected Stiles against Peter when he wasn't in his right mind, went to Stiles instead of Scott to find the Alpha that they hadn't known was Peter at the time.

Peter sighs when Derek starts scratching at the door, this is going to be a long couple of hours.

__________________________

Stiles isn't used to having so much space, since Derek's been feral he's done nothing but attach himself to Stiles' side. Stiles is able to walk properly without Derek hanging off of him for the first time in what feels like forever. The first thing he does is shower, he'd gotten too annoyed to try again after listening to Derek scratch at the door, and whine the whole time.

Showering has never felt so good in Stiles' whole life, he spends about an hour in the shower. It's the longest shower of his life, but it's by far the nicest. The next thing he does is clean up the house a little bit, making sure all the landry is in, and washing all his bedding. Stiles hopes that doesn't upset Derek too much, he'll have to make sure he gets his scent in the bedding a bit before he picks Derek back up, or would the scent be there because Stiles washed it, just faded Stiles doesn't really get it, but that's probably for the best, he's not going to become a werewolf ever if he has a say in it. 

The next thing he does, is stop off at the local bakery his Dad likes and buys him lunch from there. Stiles drops his Dad's lunch off, and when his Dad raises an eyebrow and looks around Stiles laughs lightly.

"I left Derek with Peter for a couple hours." His Dad's eyebrows go higher to the point that they're halfway up his forehead, Stiles never understands how he does that, but Scott swears that Stiles does the same thing. 

"And he willingly stayed with Peter?" His Dad asks slowly, Stiles opens his mouth to respond but his Dad shakes his head. "Actually, I'm more surprised that you trust Peter with Derek than Derek going willingly." Stiles raises an eyebrow this time, he shrugs.

"I trust Peter, plus Derek isn't afraid to tell him to back off by attacking him, so I'm not that worried. And Derek didn't willingly stay with him, he came in 'cause I was going in. He tried to come with me when I left, Peter distracted him so I could sneak out." Stiles shrugs again, and grins at his Dad's astonished face.

"Alright then, and why did you want him hanging out with Peter anyways?" Stiles sits across from his Dad and sighs.

"You know what Derek's like, he's not really the touchy feely type, but his wolf is getting attached to me the longer we stay in the same room. I don't want his wolf to get so attached that Derek starts needing to be close to me, or he'll go feral again, so I asked Peter if he could keep Derek with him every once in awhile. He might suffer a bit for it, but it's probably good for both of us to have a little bit of space." Stiles explains, and Noah stares at him for a long second.

"I hadn't thought of that actually." Noah hums and Stiles laughs.