Chapter 7

Derek doesn't move from straddling Stiles, and to be honest Stiles wasn't sure how to react when Derek decided to do that. It's not something Derek would have done if he had been in his right mind. Derek doesn't really move at all, every so often he'll nuzzle against Stiles' neck and sigh contently, and then go back to being still.

Stiles really wants to go check and see if maybe someone brought his laptop back, plus he has to bring his Dad lunch in about two hours. Derek doesn't seem like he'll move, and Stiles isn't really sure what to do.

"Derek, I have to go check the door." Stiles hums, the end credits are just about done for the movie.

Derek doesn't move, or even look up at Stiles. Stiles pushes against Derek, trying to get him to move, but he doesn't budge and Stiles isn't sure what to do to get him up.

"Ow!" Stiles exclaims suddenly, he knows it's a low blow, but he isn't sure if anything else will work.

Derek reacts almost immediately and shifts, he glances at Stiles and sniffs at the air. When he doesn't smell anything he begins to check over Stiles' frame, looking for something that is causing him pain. Stiles pushes at Derek's chest again, and this time Derek shifts and moves off of Stiles. Stiles smiles, and ruffles Derek's hair.

Derek makes a confused face, and whines. He doesn't understand what's going on, isn't Stiles hurt? Stiles pushes off of the couch and heads to the front door, Derek growls from behind him, but Stiles doesn't stop. Derek growls louder, but Stiles doesn't turn, he's almost at the front door when he's slammed into a wall.

Derek snarls into Stiles' face, holding him to the wall by pinning his hands to his sides. Stiles stares at him confused, Derek is baring his teeth and growling, but it's directed at Stiles.

"Derek," Stiles forces out weakly, Derek doesn't stop baring his teeth. "What's wrong?" Stiles doesn't understand, does Derek think that Stiles will leave him, or something.

Derek snarls again, and holds Stiles tighter against the wall, moving his chest closer to Stiles'. Stiles really doesn't know what to do, Derek has never done anything like this before.

"Did you think I was going to leave you here, by yourself?" Stiles questions carefully, and Derek whines. "Idiot, I just wanted to check the door." Stiles admits, and Derek seems to understand that, he slowly moves away from Stiles, letting him have room, but hovering close by.

Stiles opens the door slowly and peeks out, there sitting on the doormat is his laptop. Undamaged and looking absolutely fine, Stiles sighs in relief. He checks to see if there is anyone around, maybe someone's waiting for him to open the door, just so they could shove their way in, he doesn't think the person that stole the laptop is even there anymore though, Derek would be growling if they were.

Stiles swoops down and grabs his laptop with a grin, he shows it to Derek and Derek tilts his head not really understanding what Stiles is so excited about. Stiles goes to the kitchen table and sits with his laptop in front of him, he boots the computer up and waits. Derek hovers over him, but doesn't sit down.

"Oh, I'm so happy that the person that stole this decided to return it." Stiles groans, and Derek bares his teeth a little at the idea of someone breaking into the house.

Stiles checks all the files and sees that nothing is different, the person did try to hack into the bestiary, but was unsuccessful. They look to be a pretty good hacker though, they got through the first defense system they have in place, they didn't get any further than that though.

Stiles shuts his laptop down and sighs, wondering why they needed to get into the bestiary in the first place, maybe there was another werewolf, or creature out there that didn't know what they were. Stiles doesn't think they're dangerous yet, but that could change if they end up not being in control of them self.

Derek whines at him, and Stiles glances over at him, what is Stiles supposed to do with him tomorrow. He can't miss anymore school cause of these crazy werewolves. He should talk to Scott about it, and see what he thinks. They could leave Derek with Peter, he does nothing all day anyways.

Stiles pulls his phone out and decides to shoot Scott a text now, and he thinks he should probably send Peter one too, see if he's doing anything that he views important, or if he can watch Derek. Scott responds and tells Stiles to just leave Derek at his house for the day, Stiles guesses that would be alright, but Derek would be mad at him for that.

Peter responds to his text five minutes later, saying that his nephew isn't a pup, but that he will watch him and make sure that he doesn't go chasing Stiles all day while he's at school. Stiles texts Peter back thanking him and telling him that Derek will be at the loft at eight AM sharp. Peter doesn't respond after that.

Stiles shuts his laptop down and then turns to Derek, he gets up from the chair and pushes Derek into it. Derek gives him a confused stare, but stays put.

"Sit there, I need to make Dad's lunch." Stiles smiles at Derek, Derek tilts his head again.

Stiles decides to make pasta, with pieces of chicken in it, Derek whines when he starts moving around the kitchen, and Stiles glances at him. He's watching Stiles cook, but is more watching the food than Stiles.

"Are you hungry Derek?" Stiles asks fondly, Derek whines again and gets off the chair to shuffle forward.

"Okay okay, I'll make you something to eat." Stiles laughs, he brings out the bread, and decides that he can make Derek a chicken sandwich. 

Derek shuffles closer, and wraps his arms around Stiles' waist as he prepares the sandwich, it causes Stiles to jump, not expecting the contact. Derek places his head on Stiles' shoulder and watches as he makes the sandwich, Stiles grabs a piece of chicken and places it at Derek's mouth. Derek takes it from his fingers carefully, and then licks the grease off of Stiles' fingers, Stiles laughs softly, he finishes making the sandwich and then places it on a plate. Derek growls softly, and Stiles places the plate on the table, Derek sits at the table and digs in.

Stiles smiles fondly and goes back to making his Dad's lunch, they'll have to get going in a bit to take it to him. Stiles is dreading going to school tomorrow, and leaving Derek with Peter. Derek is going to be furious when he comes back, Stiles sighs.