Chapter 10

Peter decides he can't make a pack bond with Derek, whether he wants to or not. He won't force Derek to have a connection to him, he wants it to be Derek's choice, which means Derek needs to return to his normal self, in order for Peter to ask, and make the connection. But Stiles, wonderful Stiles. Peter thinks he'll ask Stiles when he comes back to the loft.

Derek paces around the loft, shooting Peter suspicious looks every now and then. Peter thinks its because he now knows that Peter's an Alpha, and it makes his wolf anxious. Peter really hopes that Derek doesn't try to attack him, he really doesn't want to have to hurt Derek more than he already has. Or have Derek kill him, and then blame himself, but then again Stiles would help with that.

Peter sighs, and picks a book up, he needs to just stop thinking. Derek watches him carefully as he reaches for the book, and Peter almost rolls his eyes at Derek. Peter checks the time, Stiles should be back here in about two hours. That gives Peter enough time to figure out how to ask Stiles to be in his pack.

Which has Peter thinking again he groans, and goes to make sure Derek isn't thinking about clawing his throat out when he briefly leans his head back, to find Derek isn't there at all. Peter panics for a second, before remembering he's an Alpha he should be able to track Derek down easily.

Except, Derek is also a born wolf, which means he knows how to make his scent go all over the place to make it harder to track him. He's going to make Peter work for it, but Peter already has a feeling he knows where Derek is going. As long as Peter's waiting for him when he gets there, it shouldn't be a problem, and Stiles won't have to know.

______________

Stiles sighs, he really hates school it does nothing to help with his ADHD. Plus most of this stuff he already knows, which makes it like ten times more boring. He sighs again, and looks out the window. He really wants to go home, and snuggle with Derek while they nap.

He notices there's something outside the window and frowns, when he looks closer he sees that it's Peter. Stiles frowns, shouldn't he be with Derek at the loft. Stiles pulls his phone out, eyes still on Peter, what is he thinking.

To CreeperWolf: Shouldn't you be with Derek, and not stalking my school?

Stiles looks up and watches as Peter pulls his phone out of his pocket and reads the message. He looks around and makes eye contact with Stiles, and Stiles raises an eyebrow at him. Peter looks back down at his phone and begins typing.

To Stiles: Derek ran away when I wasn't paying attention.

Stiles rubs his head, and puts his phone back in his pocket. He puts his hand up, and asks to use the washroom. The teacher lets him go without a second look, and Stiles takes his backpack with him.

He goes straight outside and meets Peter, he can't see Derek around which causes extra confusion

"Where's Derek?" Stiles asks, Peter turns to face him with a frown.

"I thought he would've came here to find you. I tried to track him, but he went in so many circles that I lost the scent." Peter explains, and Stiles frowns.

"Where else would he go?" Stiles can feel the panic rise.

"Your house maybe?" Peter suggests, with a glance at Stiles. He can smell the panic, and places a hand on Stiles' shoulder.

"We'll find him, don't worry." Peter pats Stiles' shoulder, and Stiles sighs.

"I guess I'll go check the house, you stay here in case he shows up. Call each other if we see him?" Stiles states, and Peter nods.

Stiles heads to the Jeep and sighs. Why does Derek always have to be so difficult, he's normally difficult but this is a bit extreme. Knowing Derek, he's probably at the house waiting for Stiles, or he's realized Stiles isn't there and is on his way to the school.

Either way, he hopes one of them will be able to catch him. He pulls out of the school parking lot, and drives home. He's going to have to call the school and let them know he'll be absent for a couple periods. He'll also have to shoot his Dad a text so he doesn't worry too much.

Stiles pulls into the driveway, and shuts the car off. He leans across his wheel when he notices the curtains shift from his window. Derek can be seen in the window, looking almost panicked. He disappears as Stiles gets out of the Jeep, Stiles has a feeling Derek is a little too excited to see him.

When Stiles opens the front door, Derek all but pounces on him, making him stagger back into the door, causing it to shut. Stiles doesn't know what's wrong, but Derek is all but wrapping himself around Stiles. Whining and sniffing at him like he's been away for days instead of hours. Stiles reaches up and pats Derek's back.

"What's wrong SourWolf?" Derek whines louder, and begins to push Stiles into the living room, all but shoving him on to the couch.

Derek lays over top of Stiles, nose in Stiles' neck. He buries his head right in the crook of Stiles' neck and doesn't stop his whining. Stiles can't reach his phone to shoot a text to Peter, and let him know that Derek is with him. So, Stiles just sighs and slumps into the couch.

He rubs Derek's back and tilts his head to expose more of his neck. Derek rumbles, and Stiles reaches a hand to his jean pocket to grab his phone. Stiles grabs it and calls Peter, cause texting one-handed is too hard. Peter answers on the second ring.

"Hey Stiles, did you find Derek?" Peter asks, and Stiles sighs when Derek growls at Peter's voice.

"That I did, but he's kind of glued to me at the moment." Stiles swats at Derek's hands that reach for his phone, no doubt to crush it so he can't hear Peter.

"Are you okay? Did you need me to come over?" Peter sounds a little panicked himself. Stiles rolls his eyes, Hale's are so dramatic.

"No, Derek isn't hurting me or anything. He's just...worried." Stiles informs, and Peter exhales.

"Well, call me if you need anything okay?" Peter mentions, sounding worried.

"I will." Stiles declares, running his hands through Derek's hair as he hangs up the phone.

"What are we going to do with you?" Derek doesn't look up, he rumbles and nuzzles Stiles neck. Stiles rolls his eyes.