Chapter 4

Stiles sits on the couch with Derek, and Derek curls up with his shoulders on Stiles thighs, and his head buried in Stiles' side. Stiles runs his hands through Derek's hair to keep Derek calm and to occupy his hands. Nervous energy buzzing under his skin.

Derek growls lazily and Stiles can faintly hear his Dad's cruiser pulling into the driveway. The door opens and when Noah spots Stiles and Derek on the couch, he sighs in what sounds like relief, he comes forward and ruffles Stiles hair and sits on Stiles' other side. He pulls him into a side hug, he seems worried even though nothing happened.

Although Stiles gets why he would be, someone had been inside the house when Stiles was, and that would worry Stiles if it were the other way around. Derek doesn't growl, but Stiles thinks it's because he knows that this is someone he can entrust Stiles to. That Noah would never hurt Stiles.

Derek doesn't get up though, he buries his head further into Stiles' hip, which causes Stiles' hand to rub his scalp. Derek purrs, and Stiles stills, that was an honest to God purr. Stiles stares down at Derek and then continues to rub his scalp softly, Derek's chest rumbles and Stiles laughs softly.

Stiles glances at his Dad to see him watching Derek with curiosity, but he has a soft smile on his face. Stiles sighs, and notices the dark bags under his Father's eyes, Stiles frowns.

"I think it's time for all of us to go to bed." Stiles declares and Noah eyes him for a minute.

"I thought I was the parent here?" Noah grins at his son, and Stiles eyes sparkle with mischief. "Never mind, to bed you go." Stiles laughs and nudges Derek, who growls softly, but doesn't get up.

"Derek, I want to go to sleep." Stiles comments with a flick of Derek's nose, Derek twitches and opens his eyes briefly. He doesn't move though, he closes his eyes again and stays where he is.

"Go ahead Dad, I'll get him to move." Stiles smiles at his Dad, and tries to look convincing. He doesn't know if Derek will get up and let him go to bed. His Dad nods and ruffles Stiles hair, before heading up the stairs to his room.

Stiles glances down at Derek and wonders how he's supposed to convince him to move, and go upstairs. He sighs and starts to subconsciously play with Derek's hair, Derek rumbles in what sounds like contentment.

"Derek, we need to go upstairs to sleep." Stiles says, and stops playing with Derek's hair. Derek's eyes snap open and lock onto Stiles' hand, he growls softly, looking displease. Stiles smiles down at him.

"If you get up and go to my room, I can play with your hair." Stiles comments, Derek frowns as if he doesn't understand. Derek moves his hand into Stiles hand, but Stiles moves it away. Derek growls in annoyance.

"Quit with the eyebrows." Stiles laughs, and reaches out to smooth Derek's forehead out. Derek moves his head into Stiles' hand, trying to get Stiles' hand into his hair.

Stiles sighs and moves his hand away, Derek growls loudly and the next thing Stiles knows he's on his back, on the couch, with Derek hovering over him. Stiles stares up at Derek with a furrowed brow, not understanding why he's being so irritable. Derek reaches with his hands to grab at Stiles' although it's a bit clumsy and at the end, Derek has Stiles wrists pinned.

He moves his head closer to Stiles' hand on the couch and then nuzzles it, Stiles relaxes his fingers and places them back in Derek's hair. Stiles starts to message the scalp and Derek rumbles and falls on top of Stiles with all of his weight. Stiles lets out a breath, Derek isn't light. Stiles sighs and then grabs Derek's shoulder and flips them over. He runs up the stairs while Derek's caught off guard, and laughs at the loud growl and huff that Derek lets out.

Derek does follow him though, and Stiles plops on his bed and sighs with relief. Derek walks in a second later, but he stops in the door way. Stiles sits up on the bed and stares at him, he's inhaling and his eyes widen. Stiles raises his eyebrows at him, wondering why he's not coming further into the room.

Derek walks into the room and sits in front of Stiles, he pushes Stiles back on the bed and lays on top of him, but he sticks his nose into Stiles sheets.

Derek rubs his cheek over the sheets, but mostly he's inhaling them. Stiles tries to move, but Derek's body doesn't allow him to. Stiles sighs, but places his hands back in Derek's hair and rubs at his scalp. Derek purrs and nuzzles closer to Stiles, rubbing his stubble into Stiles' neck, which tickles.

Stiles laughs and Derek jerks up and stares at Stiles for a second before going back to rubbing his stubble into Stiles' neck. Stiles' hands fall from Derek's hair and he laughs, trying to squirm away from Derek with no luck. Derek continues to tickle him until Stiles is in tears, when Derek sees the tears he pauses, not quite understanding what he did to make Stiles upset.

Derek whines placing his head in Stiles' neck, Stiles starts to calm his breathing down and smiles. He starts playing with Derek's hair again, then rubbing at his scalp, Derek seems to understand that Stiles isn't upset with him. He looks up at Stiles and licks away the tears that are slipping past his eyes, Stiles squirms wrinkling his nose in disgust.

Derek sighs happily and then places most of his body weight on Stiles, when Stiles' heart rate speeds up with panic, Derek seems to understand why he's panicking. Derek shifts his body so he's head is laying on Stiles' chest, and their legs are intertwined, but his side is on the bed. Stiles sighs and then drifts off to sleep, Derek drifts off a couple minutes later. They sleep soundly through the night in each others arms.