Chapter 3

When they arrive at Stiles' house, Stiles reaches over and undoes Derek's seat belt. Almost automatically Derek climbs over the armrest between them to wrap his arms around Stiles like an octopus. Stiles sighs and tries to push him away to get out of the car. Derek doesn't budge, Stiles turns fully to Derek, pats his back and then shoves him. Derek, surprised at the action, is forced back. Stiles jumps out of the Jeep and shuts the door, Derek starts whining and is only able to follow Stiles with his eyes.

Derek tries to follow with his body too but is unable to because the Jeep isn't that big and Derek is a big, muscular person. Stiles rounds the car and opens Derek's door, Derek practically leaps onto him, Stiles frowns and then shuts and locks the Jeep. Stiles has to pretty much drag Derek with him to get him into the house. Derek just wraps his arms around Stiles' waist with his chin hooked onto his shoulder, he walks like that, sometimes pressing his nose into Stiles' neck or hair.

Stiles steps onto the porch, Derek on his heels, and almost immediately Derek starts to growl, Stiles furrows his brows in confusion, his Dad shouldn't be home yet. Derek starts to pull Stiles behind him, baring his teeth at the door, Stiles sighs and shoves Derek out of the way so he can get into the house. He finds the door slightly ajar and frowns, he runs into the house anyways, wanting to make sure his Dad isn't home for sure.

Derek snarls, and runs after Stiles, Derek's on alert, watching every corner. Stiles goes through every room in the house but doesn't find any sign of his Dad, but he doesn't find a trace of anyone else in the house either. He doesn't check the bedrooms, because it's unlikely they will go in there, Stiles and his Dad don't own valuable things. The last place to check is the attic, Stiles pulls the ladder down, and Derek's snarls get louder. Derek pushes Stiles out of the way and goes up the ladder first, Stiles follows.

There doesn't seem to be anyone in the attic either, but someone must have been in the house at some point considering the door was open. Stiles doesn't know what to do, he knows he should call his Dad, but he doesn't want his Dad to worry. Stiles makes his way upstairs and opens his door, he hadn't bothered to check his room, which might have been a mistake. His room is trashed, his books are everywhere, his clothes are all over the floor, and his closet door is wide open.

He turns to his desk to find that his laptop is missing, Stiles sighs, there isn't very much important information on there, but the person that took it won't be able to get into it anyways. Stiles and Lydia both made sure that no one would be able to break into either of their laptops, which is why they normally used one of theirs for pack meetings or research.

Derek is beside him, but he's standing stiffly like he's not completely sure that the person is gone. Stiles heart pounds and wants to call his Dad, but if there's someone still here then he should keep his Dad as far away from the house as possible. Derek's growling starts up and Stiles slowly moves to the closet, he reaches into it and grabs his metal baseball bat.

Now that he thinks about it, Stiles hadn't checked his Dad's room either. Stiles can feel his anxiety push on his chest, but he moves forwards anyways. He notices first that the door to his Dad's room is left wide open, his Dad always closes it before he goes to work. Stiles slowly edges into the room, Derek is beside him for every step he takes, and growls when they enter. Stiles isn't sure if that's because of the intruders' scent, or his Dad's, or because someone's still in there.

Stiles scans the room with his eyes but comes up short. He sighs and goes to put the bat down when he hears the door shut, Derek narrows his eyes at Stiles, almost telling him to stay put. Stiles' feet take him though, and before he knows it he's running down the stairs and out the front door. He doesn't find anyone there, and Derek collides with his back, growling softly, and wrapping his arms around Stiles' waist. Stiles sighs, he needs to call his Dad.

Stiles picks up the phone and checks the time, it's already six in the morning which means his Dad is almost done with his night shift. Stiles needs to call him anyways, if something happens to his Dad because Stiles didn't call him, he would never forgive himself. Stiles dials his Dad's number and presses the phone to his ear, it rings three times before his Dad picks up.

"Stiles? Is everything okay?" Noah Stilinski's voice comes through and Stiles relaxes a bit at hearing his voice, knowing he's safe.

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure someone was in the house. I left to go to Derek's loft about thirty minutes or so ago, and when I came back the door was opened." Stiles says this as if he's telling his Dad the weather.

"What?! Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Noah questions with panic lacing his tone, before Stiles can answer he continues. "Damn it, Stiles, you should've phoned me as soon as you saw the open door, and what's this about you leaving the house so early?" Stiles smiles at his Dad's voice, he can see him frowning.

"I'm fine, I got back just when they finished what they were doing. Plus Derek is with me, I went to help Scott with Derek, and for some reason, it seems like Derek only listens to me." Stiles shrugs a shoulder even though his Dad can't see it through the phone.

Noah sighs, "So, he's staying with us then." Stiles hums in confirmation. "Was anything taken?" His Dad asks, back on track to the house.

"That's the thing, I think this was supernatural related. They trashed my room, and stole my laptop, your room was fine, but I think they were still in the house when I was 'cause I heard them run out the door." Stiles explains, Derek cocks his head to the side at Stiles.

"Why didn't you call me? What if it attacked you?" Noah demands, and Stiles frowns.

"I did call you?" He says it more like a question.

"When you noticed the door, Stiles." Noah laughs and Stiles sighs.

"I thought you might've been home, so I ran in." Stiles admits and Stiles can tell he's smiling even through the phone.

"Ah, kid." Noah chuckles and then tells Stiles he's on his way home. They hang up, and Stiles shuffles Derek into the house.

A Little Too Much Stiles?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें