Chapter 8

Noah sighs as he sees his son coming in the station with Derek Hale trailing behind him. That wolf is beginning to be a problem, and if he can't let Stiles out of his sight for more than a minute, Stiles is going to have trouble getting to school tomorrow, sure Derek had listened to Noah briefly when they were in the house, but Derek could easily do what he wanted when he wanted to. Not that Noah thinks he would, but he's stronger than both Stiles and himself, and because of the state Derek's in, Noah's worried Stiles won't properly defend himself if something happens.

For now, it's just touches. Which Noah isn't too fond of, but it's a wolf thing and Noah gets that, Stiles understands it better than he does, but Noah still worries about his son. Derek looks around the station as if all of his deputies are a threat to Stiles, he thankfully hasn't growled, or shown any fangs, but Noah's worried that Derek might get scared and hurt someone. He's pretty much stepping on Stiles' heels, and breathing down his neck.

"Hey Daddio." Stiles greets with a grin, he seems in a better mood than he did the other day. Noah half wonders if it's because of the wolf trailing behind him. "Whoever stole my laptop brought it back." Stiles says excitedly, and Noah's eyes narrow.

"Was anyone at the door?" Stiles glances up at him with a thoughtful expression.

"Nope, but they kindly returned it. I'm happy either way." Stiles grins, and Noah sighs. One day, this kid is going to get himself hurt for being too trusting.

"What are you doing with him tomorrow?" Noah asks, jutting his head in Derek's direction.

"Hmm, oh Peter's going to watch him at the loft. I'm not sure how that's going to go honestly." Stiles confesses, with a frown. Stiles eyes Derek, but he's too busy watching the other officers in the station.

"Well, be careful." Noah sighs, rubbing his eyes. Stiles smiles at him.

"Will do Dad." Stiles ushers Derek out of the room and they head back to the house.

_____________

Stiles ushers Derek into the car, he's going to be late to school if he doesn't get to the loft and back on the road in a couple minutes. When they get to the loft, Derek looks up curiously and tries to get out of the car with his seat belt still on, Stiles frowns at him and he stops to wait for Stiles to undo it.

Derek gets out of the car and scents the air curiously. He walks into the building without Stiles having to drag him, and goes all the way to his door, but when Peter opens the door, Derek roars and throws Peter across the room.

Peter lands hard, clear across the room, and Derek is in front of him in a second. When Stiles manages to catch up he gaps at the two Hales rolling around, fighting.

"Derek!" Stiles yells voice hard, Derek stops mid swipe at Peter and turns his head to look at Stiles. Peter stills under Derek, and watches Stiles carefully. "What are you doing?" He questions, he runs towards them and pushes at Derek's shoulder, so he gets off of Peter.

Peter's eyes widen as Stiles ignores Derek, and helps Peter to his feet, then whirls around on Derek, Stiles is in between the two of them, but he's standing in front of Peter as if to protect him. Derek growls at Peter, and then turns with a whine to Stiles, wanting Stiles closer to him, away from the wolf that he doesn't trust.

"I didn't realize you cared so much." Peter drawls, expecting Stiles to tell him not to get used to it, but that's not what Stiles says, he half turns his head to Peter and says.

"Yeah well, get used to it." And Peter has to process the words, make sure he's not dreaming. Derek seems to not understand, tries to tug Stiles over to him, and when that doesn't work, he growls and shows his fangs.

Stiles rolls his eyes, "I'm going to be late because of this bullshit." He stalks up to Derek and glares at him. "Stop being an ass, that's Peter, you're going to stay with him until I'm done, got it." Derek whines, trying to get Stiles behind him, but Stiles backs up.

"Don't be late." Peter states and Stiles sighs and rubs his forehead.

"You can handle this then?" Peter raises an eyebrow at the question but nods.

As soon as Stiles leaves, he can hear Derek whine, and then snarl. Peter's saying something to Derek, but Stiles' human ears can't pick it up. He forgets about it and runs to school.

                ______________

Peter sighs, he's never seen Derek like this, Peter is trying to read a book in peace, but Derek is pacing. He snarls and paces back and forth in front of the door, he snarls at nothing and he snarls at Peter.

He doesn't know what it is about the Stilinski boy that has Derek wrapped around his little finger, but Peter hasn't seen Derek this upset to be away from someone. He smells of longing and anger, and Peter isn't sure what to do to help his nephew.

                    _______________

Stiles exits the school with a sigh, he's really tired and now he has to go babysit a werewolf. Stiles has been texting Peter all day, and so far all Derek has done is pace in front of the door and snarl, Stiles was a bit surprised that Derek hadn't tried to find him, or attack Peter.

He shoots Peter a quick text saying that he's on his way, Peter doesn't respond, but it doesn't matter cause Stiles is already in the Jeep and pulling out of the parking lot. He makes his way to the loft, and sighs when he's in the parking lot, he's not sure how Derek will react when he sees him, and he's kind of nervous to find out.

Stiles gets out of his Jeep and walks up the stairs and into the loft, he doesn't even have a chance to call out and let them know he's here, even though they can hear him, before he has an arm full of Derek Hale. He's whining and nuzzling into Stiles' neck, sniffing him and rubbing himself all over Stiles.

"Hey Derek." Stiles says and Derek whines at him, Stiles glances over Derek's shoulder to Peter and raises an eyebrow.

Peter shrugs, and Stiles sighs. So, Derek wasn't that bad then, but Peter's looking at Derek differently almost like he doesn't understand what he's doing, or what's happening to him.

And Stiles isn't sure what to do with that.