CHAPTER 21

Silence had engulfed the Maheshwari house. No one dared to speak. They were trying to process so much information. They deep down always were with Naira, but these new found information made them want to say it out.

"Naitik, please get me a car. I want to go and see Naira right now. I want to ask sorry and kiss her. I want to apologise to Keerti, Shubam, Karthik. I hurt even that small kid with my words. Naitik gadi nikal."

Bua dadi's voice was what got everyone out of their trance. They all felt the same.

"Bua ji, aap bade hain. Maafi math mangiye, ashirvad dijiye bas. Hamare bachen bahot kush ho jayenge." Suvarna says.

"Badi hoon, isliye maafi maang rahi hoon. Itna duniye dekhne ki baad bhi maine itna sab kuch kaha. My age should not be the reason I get to be accepted. I made a huge mistake and I will ask for forgiveness. Aur meri ashirvad toh hamesha rahegi un sab ke paas."

"Suvarna ji, thank you. You took so much care of our daughter. We can't thank you enough." Akshara holds her hands.

"Our daughter too. You have no idea how much she has done for us. She has stood by all three of our children through thick and thin." She replies.

While the elders were sorting the confusion and doubts they had, the youngsters were determined to stay with Kaira come what may.

This family had been through a lot. Each of them made a mental note to not let anymore harm befall them. They were all silent unaware what to speak.

Naksh chuckled humourlessly. "And to think I thought I deserved more love from you because we share the same blood."

"Bhai, it's ok. Aapko thodi na patha tha inn sab ke bare mein. You know, who will be the happiest with me meeting you? Ani bhai. He would have loved to meet you." Naira tells him.

"Naira. Ani has met Naksh. Infact, Ani has met your whole family." Keerti tells them. Seeing their shocked faces she continues.

"We came to Udaipur once your wedding cards got printed. Your whole family went to the temple to celebrate your birthday and we followed them there. We even got the cards blessed by them. Hume patha tha ki tum yeh nahi chahoge, phir bhi. He was determined. He convinced me saying that, when the misunderstanding clears up you would feel bad. It was his way of making them a part of your life."

"What did I do to deserve someone like him?" Naira just mumbles to herself.

"Chal yeh sab chodo. Let's see what to do now?" Keerti says.

"First you will forgive us." They heard Bua dadi. "Bachon yaha aao. I am very sorry. Umar ho gayi, phir bhi akal nahi aayi. Manish aur Suvarna ne humme sab kuch bataya. Itne saal kya kya hua."

They look around unsure what to do.

"Arrey. Unhe pehle hug karo phir hum sab hain line mein. Waiting list." Naitik announces causing Naira to pounce on Naitik.

"Sorry line break ki." She runs and hugs bua dadi.

"Alag invitation chahiye tum log ko? Aja." Akshara gestures to the Goenka siblings. They follow suit and have a huge group hug.

HI ALL,
THE UPDATES HAVE BEEN HIGHLY IRREGULAR AND I KNOW IT. I'M TRYING TO GIVE MORE FREQUENT UPDATES. UNFORTUNATELY, I'M NOT ABLE TO THINK ON HOW TO PROCEED WITH THIS BOOK.

PLEASE SUGGEST SOME STORYLINES YOU'D LIKE ME TO EXPLORE. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BASED ON THE POPULAR SUGGESTION. SO PLEASE DO COMMENT.

THANK YOU