CHAPTER 4

"Isse kya hua? Doctor ne kya kaha?" Akshara panics. "Kuch nahi aunty bus iski bp kam ho jathi hai kabhi kabhi." Karthik answers. "Doctor ke paas kab gaye the?" Shubam asks Karthik. "Pichle hafte, Naira ko chakkar aya tha aur usne mujse kaha aur maine lekar gaya tha." Karthik tells. "Last week and you didn't bother informing her family?" Naitik asks. "Ussne mana kiya tha." "I don't understand why she calls u for the smallest of things, woh bimar thi fir bhi tume hi bulaya." Naksh says. "Bimar nahi thi. Next time don't put it that way, she hates it. I'm sorry to put this blunt but the truth is we have been her family for almost 8 years now. She will look at us for the smallest of things. For her to look at you guys, you need to regain the trust you lost." Shubam answers back. "Humne kya kiya? We just want our Naira back." Gayu answers. "Have you given a thought on how ull make it possible? Do you know why she left in the first place?" He ask. "She was scared of the police arresting her." Naksh replies. "That's what you think. She was least bothered about that. She left because her mom did not believe her. Her mom was still doubtful and when she went to her dad, even he failed her. That's why she left." Shubam says which shuts everyone up. "Karthik usse uski room me leke ja. Main aata hoon." He says and walks out of the house. Karthik lifts Naira is about to go to her room when Naksh takes her from him. "I'm sorry for the way Shubam spoke. What he said was the truth but he shouldn't have said it that way. This is the closest version you will hear about it. His words speak nothing but Naira's heart. She loves you all but is angry with you, doesn't trust you." Karthik tells them. "Karthik, tum Naira ko leke nahi gaye?" Shubam asks entering the house. "Maine lekar gaya tha." Naksh says. "Aunty aap usse iss davayan dejiye, agar nahi kayi toh mera naam boliye uske baad bhi nahi kaya toh humme call kijiye. I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I was tensed and angry." Shubam says handing the medicines to Akshara. "It's ok beta. You opened our eyes ti the real problem. Thank you." Naitik answers. "Can I see Naira? She might wake up and I don't want her to be alone." He asks. "Bilkul. Kartik tum bhi jao." Akshara says.

IN NAIRA'S ROOM

The brothers are sitting near Naira and speaking. Naksh decides to spy on them.
"Karthik what happened last week? Why did you go to the doctor? What did he say? Do u have the reports?" Shubam asks. "She had the usual pain and migraine, the doctor said the usual thing. He said she needs to take care properly otherwise there will be problem in future. Her haemoglobin level is also low, that's why I got scared." Karthik tells him. "We'll take care of her don't worry." He says looking at her. Naksh sees the whole thing and is sure something was up. He leaves from there. Soon Niara wakes up only to be squished by Karthik's hug. "Please don't do this. I get scared to my death. You don't want to stay here I'll take you away, I'll do what you want just don't scare me." He cries. "Shhh. It's ok. I'm sorry, I won't do this again. I promise." Naira rubs his back and Karthik kisses her. "Bhai main hoon yahan, mere bhabhi ko chodo." Shubam teases them closing his eyes. "Haaye Karthik muje fir se chakar aa raha hai. Yeh muje bhabhi kaha." Naira acts. They laugh at that and hug each other.