CHAPTER 18

"Karthik woh kya tha? Dadi se tum aise kyun baath ki? Unhe bura lagega. Woh toh bus.."

   "Woh toh bus kya? Kya? Batao na? Tell me one thing. How do you forgive her every damn time? You and jiju. Why did you both forgive her? Aap dono ki pyaar aur izat ki layak toh unhe kuch nahi kiya. Phir bhi!" Karthik takes a deep breath.  "You know what? I don't care. Woh meri through related hain and I have decided that she will not meet my baby. I will not have my kid go through hatred. Tum achi tarah se jaanti ho woh kya kya kar chuki hai. She will not meet my kid. Final." Karthik announces.

"Karthik, woh bade hain. She is your grandmother. You can't do this. Papa aur mumma ki bare main socho. Unhe kaise lagega?" Naira asks him.

"I honestly don't care what they think. She did nothing to earn my respect. You know how many times she has cursed Kirti for choosing to marry Ani jiju? What all she told her? She cursed her granddaughter that her husband will leave her. She will be left alone with a kid and that jiju will abandon her. Iss sab jaane ke baad bhi tum vahi kahoge?"

"No Karthik. I'm sorry. Iss ke baare mein main argue nahin karungi." Naira just hugs him.

Naitik and Akshara were watching the whole thing. (Have no other businesses or what. Stupid ppl)

"Naitik, what if Naira also hates us one day? We are almost doing the same thing. I can't have my daughter hate me again." Akshara worries.

"That won't happen. I want to sit down and have a proper talk with them. I'm not a fan of what she has done but I'll never curse her. Baath karenge sab se." Naitik assures Akshara.

GOENKA VILLA

"Papa, ask dadi to mind her own business. She need not meddle with Karthik and Naira's life. Ruining one grandkid's life was not enough for her?" Keerti shouts.

"Beta, kya hua? Why are you so upset?" Suwarna asks.

Shubam and Kirti relay everything that happened in Singhania House and were about to leave when GDadi stops them.

"Beta, please listen to me. I only went there because I don't want someone else to repeat the same mistakes I did. I know I hurt you a lot. I know I can't be forgiven. I just didn't want my grandchildren to go through that again."

"Oh really? When others treat your grandson that way it pricks? Yeh gyaan kahan thi jab aapne mujse kaha ki you hope I am miserable? Bathayiye? Mera chodiye. Ansh ne kya kiya?" Keerti asks.

"This doesn't seem like concern for your great grandchild. Aapne toh Ansh se bhi nafrat karthi hai. I'm pretty sure you are now magically ok with Naira because she is no longer an orphan. You know what, I don't care anymore. I just don't give a shit about you. Oh wait. I stopped doing that years ago. I just talk to you because that's what my Ani would want and that's what he made me do. Woh aapse shaadi ke liye permission lena, Ansh ko aapse milana sab usne kiya. I never wanted to. I really don't understand why Naira and Ani respect you and want you around but I'm done." Keerti just walked out of the Goenka house and left for their house.

"Shubam, please atleast you listen to me. Main itna bura nahi hoon. I really want a chance. I love you three. Samjao apni didi ko." GDadi cries.

"Actually dadi, I have been saying what di just said for years. You never said anything to me directly or wish my partner dead or call my kid a burden. I still feel you don't deserve a chance. Why should di give you one? I completely agree with her." He turns towards his parents. "Maa, papa main di ke paas jathi hoon Ansh ko lekar. I'll update you guys on what Karthik and Naira decide. Mostly woh bhi hamare saath rahenge." Shubam leaves leaving a distraught dadi behind.

"Please aap log toh suniye meri baath. I love my grandchildren all three of them. I want them with me. I want to make it up to them." GDadi cries to her sons and wives.

"Maa, hum itne saal chup the kyunki hamare bache chup the. But, they spoke their mind and we will back them." Akilesh says.

"Haan maa. You can't say I realised my mistake and expect us to forgive. You have caused real damage to my kids. If you really are sorry listen to them and stay away. Just respect their wishes atleast now." Suvarna says.

GDadi sits there crying while others leave the hall.