CHAPTER 3

One month later.
  Naksh doesn't like Karthik, more like he is jealous of him. Naitik's attempts to know about Karthik were futile.
    "Ek mahina hogaya phir bhi Naira hum sab se teek se baat nahi karthi. Hamesha phone main rehthi hai kabhi Karthik ya uska 'bhai'." Naksh mutters and Akshara just nods her head. She tried reasoning out to Naira about the situation that day but it only went to the walls. Naira was adamant on one thing, why had she promised to take her into custody when she had told her that she did nothing. If her mom didn't believe her then, why will she be believed now? Akshara on some level knew her question was right. Their relationship with Naira had also improved a bit but they had a long way to go.
   "Hi aunty, Naira hai kya? Ussne muje yahan ane ko kahi thi. Market jana tha usko" Karthik asks entering the house. "Aaj na main bhi chaloonga tum dono ke saath. Thoda bhai behen bonding bhi hojayega." Naksh says and looks at Naira who is coming down the stairs. She just smiles at him and the three of them leave in Naksh's car and Naira in the front. "Naira belt." Karthik repeated for the third time before he got pissed and locked the belt himself. "I don't like it." Naira whines. "I don't care." Karthik imitates and Naira huffs in reply. After sometime Kaira are so engrossed in their convo that they forget Naksh is there. "Sab kab aa rahein hai?" Naira asks. "Shub ka kaam almost done hai." "Aur di?" "Naukri doond rahi hai." He says. They reach the market when Karthik offers to buy corn and come.
    "Kya lena hai tuje?" Naksh asks her. "Kuch bhi nahi. I just wanted to get away from there. Vaise bhi I'm currently broke, Karthik ka bhi tight hai, kyun fizool ka karcha karen." "Broke? Aise kaise? Tum Singhania's ki beti ho. Aur tuje Karthik se paisa kyun lena?" "Main itne saal kaise beeti hoon vaise hi abhi bhi beetungi. Aur Karthik se nahi mangungi toh kisse manugungi?" Naira blabbers and mentally slaps herself for the slip. Just when Naksh was going to grill her a familiar pair of hands lifted and swirled her. Naksh was hell angry at the guy and makes sure Naira is on ground safe before punching him. "Shub, bhai yeh Shubam hai." Naira says and splits them up and examines his face. Just then Karthik comes with corn and runs to his brother. "Kitne bar bola hai ki usse aise math utao. Maar kaliya na aaj." Karthik scolds him and apologizes to Naksh. "Chalo mere saath ghar Naira says helping Shubam up and making sure his hurt mouth and nose are not bleeding." "Sorry I did not know it was you. And what Karthik said is correct, had Naira not stopped few more would have teamed up." Naksh says driving the car. Shubam tries apologizing but lets only a groan. "Bandar vali harkat band kar. Chup chap bait." Naira holds him.

SINGHANIA SADAN
"Are yeh kaun hai? Kya hua?" Akshara asks seeing them enter with Shub. Naksh explains what happened while Kaira were tending for him. Once he was tended for Naira got up to keep the first aid box back in it's place when she lost her balance. "Billi." Shubam shouts and Karthik holds her just in time. "Khaana nahi kaya na?" Both of them ask her at the same time. "Main market main khane wali thi." Naira murmurs. "Pagal kahin ki. Idar hi bait." Karthik scolds and rushes up to her room returning with some medicine and BP machine. Shubam mean time grabbed a couple of apples and had started feeding her. "Kya hua isko?" Naitik asks being the first to get out of the shock. "Low BP. Kuch khaati nahi hai. Tuje pata haina kitna serious hai yeh. Yaad haina doctor ne kya kaha?" Karthik replies. "Please don't go." Naira cries due to headache, dizziness and fear of what the doctor had told her. "Shhh." Karthik wipes her tears and Shubam presses her head. She slowly drifts into sleep and murmurs "I love you." "Love you too." The brothers chorus. They move their eyes from her sleeping form to be met by her shocked family.

Longest I have written. You guys can expect the next update sometime next week. Keep voting and commenting. Silent readers please vote. They are what encourages us to write more and better.
Love
Ishu