CHAPTER 15

AN: I would like to start off by apologising. I know it's been too long since I updated and also gave a promise of update. I was stuck with a few things with the lockdown. The past couple of months have been stressful. I promise to try my best to update atleast every week. For now, Enjoy.

    "Naira, tum jake change karlo. Karthik go with her. I'll speak to them" Naksh assures them.
   They change and when they come down they notice just her family there. The Goenkas had left after Naksh told them he will take care and Naitik's anger might just increase if he sees the bond he has with Naira. 
    "Naksh, ask them to eat. She just puked and also it's not right for her to be hungry in this condition." Naitik gestures dismissively.  Naksh asks them both to sit down and they eat.
   Just when Naira was about to break the deafening silence, Naitik spoke. "I have decided that whoever wishes to support them can. Just don't talk to me. She can stay here, I just don't want to see her face. And haan ek aur baat, I don't want any further discussion about this."
    "Kyun?" Naksh asks right as Naitik got up to leave. "Why shouldn't we discuss. Main toh keh ta hoon we should celebrate."
     "Duggu not now. Just don't take things far. Don't get involved." Akshara scolds.
     "Why? She is my sister. This is my family. Why shouldn't I talk. Kya bol diya maine? I don't see a problem. Main toh bahut hi kush hoon. My sister has a family that loves her. She is cherished by them. Isn't this what you guys want?" Naksh states very calmly.
    Naitik slams the table. "Really? Kush ho. Teek hai. Par hum nahi hain. Hume sirf dhoka dikh raha hai. Aaj ke baad na hi mein isse baath karungi aur na hi tumse."
     "Dhoka? Kaise? Issne kya kiya ki aap itna gussa kar rahe hain?"
     "Chora!" Bua dadi intrupts Naksh. He hold up a hand to stop her from speaking.
     "Mujhe baat khatam karne dijiye. Kis dhoka ki baath kar rahe hain app? Isne hume na bataye shaadi karne ki? Ya fir Karthik se karne ki? Ya hume yeh do mahino main na bata kar aise situation hume pata chala? Kis cheez se problem hai aap sab ko?"
      "Naksh. Please we did do the mistake. Let them take all the anger on me. Naira ko maaf kar dijiye." Karthik pleads.
      "Tum chup raho Karthik. Mistake kya hai? Yeh toh batayiye?" Naksh interjects. "1. She didn't tell us when she got married cuz we were not part of her life. She hated us. Why would she have told us then? 2. Karthik is a gem. We all know that. We have seen how he is and what a person he is in these past 6 months. Had she told you she loves Karthik I'm pretty sure aap log ne usse kar dete. Toh problem kya hai?"
      Naitik was dumbfounded. He didn't know what the problem was. He walked away silently. Akshara gave a sad look at them and walked away too.
     Naira was crying the whole time to speak anything. She just hugged her brother. Her only support right now. Gayu hugged her and wiped the tears.
     "You know, mausi is not as bad as mamu. I won't feel old." Gayu smiled. Naira just crushed her in the hug whispering thank yous. Karthik was happy that her siblings understood her.

     Hope you guys liked it. Please comment and vote. Thank you