Chapter 1: Start of Term

It was time to leave her tiny, scratched up flat again and to travel back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her friends called her mental to take the job as Potions Professor when Minerva McGonagall offered it to her two years ago. 'Eight years at that school isn't enough for you?? ' Mandy had asked her.

Cassie was glad the job had been offered to her. This way she had a stable job (odd for her kind), a nice home for several months a year, and someone to help her after a full moon.

Cassie was nervous to return to her post as Potions Professor for her second year in a row but at the same time, she was excited. Hogwarts had always been her favourite place, so what if she went straight back to teach right after graduating? She had always wanted to become a professor there and McGonagall had granted it to her on a silver platter - well, not silver obviously.

She clicked her second trunk shut and set it down with the others. With the flick of her wand, they disappeared and she was sure they had safely arrived in her office at Hogwarts. She pulled on her prettiest cloak. It was thick, burgundy red and had a golden clasp on the front. The inside was made of satin and felt incredibly soft. It was the last gift she had received from her parents before they had thrown her out.

A werewolf as a daughter was their biggest nightmare apparently. She had always thought it was worse for her than for them, but then again, when her Muggle mother had found out Cassie was a Witch it had already been a massive shock. 

Destination, Determination and Deliberation, she reminded herself. She hadn't apparated all summer and was quite nervous to do so again, especially such a long distance. But she was sure she could do it. She had passed her Apparition test on the first try.

And yes, there she was. Back in Hogsmeade. The streets were empty today, which made sense, a lot of people would be seeing their children off to Hogwarts today. If she had wanted to go to a crowded space she would have gone to Kings Cross Station today.

She walked through the village, a subtle breeze flowing through her hair. She hated how in Britain there was no easeful transition from summer into autumn. It was either incredibly hot, or cold and windy, rainy too on most days. Luckily, it wasn't raining right now. She kept walking until she reached the gates to enter Hogwarts grounds.

"Good morning, Professor Flitwick," she greeted the small man kindly. Though she was now allowed to address the other professors by their first names, it still felt a bit odd to do so.

"Tut-tut!" he said with a chuckle. "Filius will do, Cassandra." He said, checking off her name without her even telling him. Even though the war ended two years ago, they still had extra safety measures upon entering the school.

"And I told you Cassie will do, Filius," she smiled. It was especially weird to address Flitwick by his first name; he was her Head of House and Charms Professor not too long ago. She walked further onto Hogwarts grounds. Hogwarts had always felt like home to her and she was glad to be back. She entered the castle and went straight to her office on the second floor.

Her office was big. There was a huge wooden desk in which she kept a bunch of files, old assignments, assessment forms, tests and more school-related documents. There was her desk chair, which was nice and comfortable. A few cupboards with vials, potions, ingredients and books pushed up against the walls. A sofa and a chair were placed around the fireplace. She loved to sit there with a good book and a cup of tea after a long day of teaching.

There was a door that led to her bedroom and one that led to her small, private bathroom. She pushed the bedroom door open and walked inside. Her trunks were stacked in the corner beside a window. The wardrobe was open and still empty. The queen-sized bed was perfectly made with navy blue covers. She took her cloak off and hang it on the coat rack right outside the door of her bedroom in the office part before letting herself fall onto the bed.