Chapter 11: Healers

The second Cassie awoke later that afternoon, she jumped up, ignoring the ache in her leg. She had to go chase Neville. She was sure that he had come to her right before she had dozed off to sleep. She was sure. Or at least, she almost was. She had to make sure that it was him and that she hadn't hallucinated or dreamt it.

She took the bandages off her hands, seeing that a silvery scar had appeared on the cuts and then stepped into the shower. The hot water hit her skin and she closed her eyes for a moment. She had to take a moment to breathe, to think about what she was going to say.

What was she going to say?

She still wasn't sure. Well, she knew that she had to apologize for acting so mean to him that was certain. But what else? I like you and I want to explore this thing between us but I can't because well, I'm a werewolf? I want you to kiss me again really badly but you must remember that last night these lips turned into a snout with massive fangs so yes?

She would have to figure it out later. She had to find him first. Her stomach grumbled but she ignored it. There were more important things than food, sleep and rest right now. Making up with her friend. She slipped on some tights, a long skirt along with a turtle neck. She quickly brushed her hair and peaked in the mirror.

She looked terrible. Cassie was pretty, a beautiful woman, truly. But not the day after the full moon. She had dark circles under her eyes as well as massive bags. Her eyes were swollen slightly, her skin was incredibly pale and it looked as if she was ill. Well, he would just have to look in another direction.

She pulled her cloak over her clothes and then walked out, locking her office. She limped slightly, her knee hadn't popped back correctly again and though Madam Pomfrey had done something about it already, it was still sore.

Neville office was nearby. She only had to walk up one staircase and within a few minutes of walking, she reached his office. She knocked gently on the door, taking a small step back right after.

"It's open!" his voice sounded muffled through the door. She took a deep breath and then pushed the door open, peeking her head around it to look inside.

"Hi, Neville-" she stopped immediately when she saw him sit on his sofa with another girl. Hannah Abbott. The two stopped laughing and looked in her direction. They were sitting on opposites sides but still rather close. Oh.

"Cassie!" Hannah cheered happily, standing up. They knew each other from their Hogwarts days. They were in the same year, in Dumbledore's Army and had both been a Prefect. She was nice, but which Hufflepuff wasn't?

"Hannah," she said, forcing a smile. Hannah hugged her. They had never hugged before. Why was she hugging her? Why was Cassie bothered by it? She breathed out deeply. Must be some leftover irritation.

Or jealousy.

"How have you been!? I haven't seen you in forever!" the blonde girl said smiling. Cassie nodded and cleared her throat, scratching the back of her head.

"Yeah, no, I've been great. I haven't seen you in forever," she said with a chuckle. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything. I shall leave again." Hannah shook her head and gestured to the sofa. Neville had also gotten up and was standing beside Hannah now.

They look like a cute couple, don't they? A normal girl and a normal boy. She's what he deserves, a great, sweet, pretty girl, not a monster like you. She shook off the voice in her head and forced a brighter smile.

"Come sit with us! If Neville doesn't mind of course," she chuckled. Neville smiled at Cassie but she quickly looked away. This was a mistake. "We were just catching up a little. We hadn't seen each other in a bit either."