Chapter 30: Dean & Seamus's

A day after the full moon, an article on the front page of the Daily Prophet stated that five people died that night. Five people with lycanthropy, or five 'dangerous werewolves' as the Prophet had described them, died. They died because of the prejudices and the ignorance of the Ministry. They lost their lives because of the Ministry's ways and they acted as if it wasn't their fault.

They wouldn't be the last if it continued to be like this.

A whole week had passed and in between classes, dinner and the few hours of sleep they got, Neville and Cassie had been working hard on their plans to reform this 'reform'. Together Hermione, Padma, Percy, Ron, Mandy, Poppy and McGonagall, they had been perfecting their plans and they had even managed to arrange a meeting for Cassie with Minister Shacklebolt.

But Neville was determined to make sure that Cassie would not be drowning in her worries and fears about the situation. They were both fairly stressed out already and though Cassie was dealing with the hardest part, Neville too was ready for a night off.

Luckily, Dean had offered for them to come over to his and Seamus's place for a weekend. Cassie was - surprisingly - excited. She could use a few days to not worry about the Werewolf Registry and the fate of herself and people like her.

So, on Friday afternoon after each of the professor's had finished their last class and duties, they were on their way to apparate towards Dean and Seamus's house near Keswick. Neville was carrying one suitcase which contains both of their stuff for the weekend and Cassie carried a small bag with a gift and some other smaller things of theirs.

"I don't know why, but somehow I'm more nervous for you to meet Dean than I felt when you were meeting my grandmother," he chuckled. Cassie laughed, wrapping her free arm around his waist as they made their way off Hogwarts grounds.

"Well, I already sort of know Dean, don't I? We were in the same year for six years, until he had to leave of course, but still. We spent six years in the same classes," she answered.

"Yes, but it's not like you interacted a lot," he noted.

"True, but I think we'll be okay," she giggled, pressing a kiss on his cheek. She thought it was cute that it was nervous. It showed how important both she and Dean were to him.

"I think so too," he smiled, giving her a soft squeeze. They apparated to the small home Dean and Seamus lived in and Neville knocked on the door. On the outside, it seemed calm and pretty. The garden was perfectly kept and there was a sphere of calmness around. Cassie breathed in deeply and shot a smile at Neville who smiled back just as bright.

"Nev!" Dean opened the door, immediately stumbling out to hug his friend. Neville hugged him back tightly. Dean let go of him and glanced over at Cassie, taking a step in her direction. "Well, hello." His grin was wide and Cassie smiled back kindly in return.

"Hi. I'm Cassie," she said, as if he didn't already know that, and held out her hand. Dean took it but only to pull her into his embrace.

"I'm Dean. But I'm assuming you knew that," he chuckled. She nodded and hugged him back, smiling at Neville who was watching them with bright eyes.

"I did. Nice to see you again. Again. I mean, after Hogwarts and all," she said, a blush appearing on her cheeks. He chuckled and nodded, letting go of her.

"Come on in. Seamus is inside and I left him in the kitchen so we better hurry back or the house will explode soon," he teased, waving them inside. Cassie looked around, walking in behind Neville.

It was a lovely home. Seamus was indeed waiting in the kitchen, which was very big, 'it has to be because I love baking' Dean had said. Seamus shook both their hands, letting Dean take over cooking again.