Chapter 16: Sisters

Cassie was filled with nerves the last weekend of January. She hadn't slept all night, not even after she had gone over to Neville and cuddled up in his arms. He had had the best sleep in a while but she had still been wide awake all night long

Of course, it calmed her to be in his arms. It had been much better than laying awake in her bed alone. Being with him in general always seemed to relax her. But still, she couldn't close an eye that Friday night.

She stared at the ceiling when she felt Neville stir slightly in his sleep. This was the first time they had woken up together since they spent Christmas together. She could get used to it but there was no way she would let herself get used to it. His eyes slowly opened up and he rubbed them. Merlin, that looked adorable.

"Good morning," he whispered, snuggling his face in the crook of her neck. She smiled and pressed a kiss on the side of his head, wrapping her arms around him. He placed a soft kiss on her skin, making goosebumps appear on her skin.

"Good morning," she whispered back. His arms wrapped tightly around her waist and his breathing slowed down again. She giggled softly and brushed some of his hair out of his face. "Nev, I'm going to need to leave soon."

"Hm, no," he hummed, holding her even tighter so that she couldn't leave. She giggled again and shook her head.

"I'm meeting my sister, remember? I gotta get up now," she told him. "I'll come by after I get back, eh?"

"You better," he mumbled, letting go of her again. He looked at her and within a split second, she saw the sleepiness in his eyes make way for worry. "Haven't you slept at all?" he asked softly.

"No, but that's okay. I'm fine, Neville," she told him and pushed the blanket off. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her in for a kiss. She smiled against his lips and then shook her head. "Can't go one morning without a kiss?"

"No. Your kisses are too good," he whispered, kissing her once more. She giggled softly against his lips and wrapped her arms around him once more. Everything about Neville was so nice. His patience with her, his gentleness, his newfound confidence, his kindness, his caring, his jokes, his lips, Merlin, his lips.

"I will see you later, okay?" she said, standing up from the bed. He laid back down again and nodded.

"Good luck. It's going to be fine, I know so," he told her. She nodded and smiled at him before putting her robe back on. 

"I can only hope so," she mumbled. She leaned down to kiss him one more time before sneaking back to her own office. The corridors were still empty so she didn't have to worry about running into any students.

She took a long shower, trying to let every single worry she had created in her mind about today wash away. She washed her hair and her body, tracing every single scar she had created on the full moons before she had the Wolfsbane Potion.

She was so nervous about meeting with her sister. They had been writing for a few months now and it was really nice, but still, meeting someone in person was different. It made it more real, more genuine. Scarier too.

What if her sister said something about her lycanthropy? What if Cassie said something about her lycanthropy? What if they got into an awful fit about it and her sister would leave again and she would once again have to get used to not having a sister just when she was getting used to having one again?

Stop thinking like that, Cassie, she told herself. She dried herself with a towel and used a quick charm to dry her hair. She put on a long skirt that fell right over her knees along with a turtleneck shirt. She let her hair down and put on a slight bit of make-up before pulling her navy blue robes over her outfit.