Chapter 31: Am I A Monster?

tw short implication of suicide

"Alright, alright, settle down please," Cassie called, silencing the students in the classroom. "The final exam is next week and you all need to keep up the motivation until then, okay? After that, I don't really care if you do or do not do your Potions homework." A few students giggled.

"But if you fail, I will revoke your sweets privileges during the very last class of this year," she threatened, a few children gasping. "You have been warned." She shot them a playful wink. "So, who can tell me the ingredients for the Hair-Raising Potion?" A dozen hands shot up.

At the end of the class, Cassie gave a pep talk she had been giving to every class she had had the whole week. It was the last week before their final assignments and tests so she wanted to encourage them and ensure they all felt good enough to take the tests. 

The end of the school year was near and Cassie was happy it was. She loved Hogwarts but she could use a long long break by now. But it didn't come without any stress. She wasn't sure yet what was going to happen over the summer and not just regarding the werewolf registry.

She could return to her shabby flat. She was going to, she had nowhere else to go. But she didn't want to. She didn't want to be all the way in Birmingham when Neville was across the country. She wanted to be near him she wanted to... well, quite frankly, she wanted to live with him.

Some may say it's soon. They didn't start officially dating until five months ago. But in reality, they had been roaming around each other since November at least. And she was ready, that was the most important thing. She just hoped he was too.

"Hi love," she said as she walked into his room. Neville was seated behind his desk, going over the details of a written exam for his Second Year students. He looked up at her, a smile growing on his lips.

"Hi baby," he said. She walked up to him, giving him a kiss on his cheek. "Busy day?"

"Yeah, quite," she hummed. "But it's almost summer."

"It is," he nodded, putting his quill down. "Are you okay?" She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. She knew he could sense how she was feeling within a second but sometimes she wished he didn't. "What's wrong, Cass?"

"Nothing's wrong, I just... I'm a little stressed," she confessed, leaning against his desk with her hips. "About my living situation..." Neville nodded, his lips forming into an 'o' shape.

"But we can solve that," he said quickly.

"We can but... Just be honest, yeah?" He nodded. "Do you think that moving in together after school ends would be too soon?" His smile widened and there was a spark of joy in his eyes.

"Not at all. I would love that. I just feared you might think that was too soon," he said, standing up and wrapping his arms around her tightly. "I would love that. Seriously."

"I would too," she smiled, pressing a kiss on his lips. "I would really like a gigantic bookcase that I can fill up over the years." She was in it for forever and by the look in his eyes, she knew that he was too. 

"Done. I would really like this thing called a plant rack? It allows you to get even more in the same amount of space," he said. She giggled and kissed him again.

"Done," she nodded. "We should make a list of things we need to get and things we've already got. And of course, determine where we'll live."

"Well, I've exactly already gotten a bid on my nan's house. Her sister, the hermit, she wrote to me, asking if she could buy it. She thought it would make her feel a little closer to her sister," he told her. "She said that when I'm ready to move out, she'll move in so... we just need to find a place and it'll be settled."