Chapter 1

Elanora

Staring down at the ground from the school rooftop I can't help but wonder what would happen if I just jumped, I obviously wouldn't of course and I know I would die but what would happen after. I take a couple more steps towards the edge being careful so that I don't fall I slowly go to put one foot on the edge when all of a sudden I hear someone scream "JUMP"

I turn around to see my brother Jacob laughing with his friends Vinnie, Jordan, Maddy. Nai is the only one who's not laughing, if anything she looks concerned as if thinking I might have actually jumped. Nai is my brother's girlfriend, she's also the nicest one in their little friend group.

I roll my eyes at them and grab my bag and make my way to leave when Jacob grabs my arm "Elanora all jokes aside I better not see you doing some dumb shit like that again" he says sternly then lets go. I don't bother responding, I just continue my way towards the exit, opening the door harshly and running down the stairs.

Gosh, he acts as if I was going to actually jump, like if I were going to kill myself why would I do it at school where there's a chance my spirit might get stuck here. No thank you. I'm just glad Vinnie didn't say anything to me as well, he loves sticking his nose in things that don't concern him,

I look up to see Aaron on his phone standing at my locker as if he's waiting for me, I can't help the smile that forms on my lips as I make my way over to him. Aaron is my bestfriend since 3rd grade, he's on the boxing team along with my brother and his stupid friends Vinnie and Jordan. But unlike those three Aaron is a really nice guy and doesn't make it his life goal to hook up with any girl he can just because he's one of the best on the team or just on the team in general. Then there's Chris, my other friend who's on the boxing team.

He sucks

Well okay, it's not that he sucks it's just that...

Okay yeah he sucks, don't get me wrong he knows how to throw punches and he can easily beat up any guy, but it's like once he gets in that ring his mind goes blank, I actually kind of pity him for it.

Aaron notices me walking up to him and puts his phone away and comes up to me wrapping his arms around my waist as I wrap mines around his neck "whats up smalls" he says with a wide smile "I swear if you call me smalls one more I will-"

He cuts me off by laughing and places his hands on either side of my cheeks "I'm sorry, I promise from now on I'll stop calling you smalls"

"Thank you," I say crossing my arms as Aaron moves his hands from my cheek to his pocket

"Guess what I found out this morning," he asks with a grin, "What," I ask with a wide smile

"You know how for English Mr.Jean wants us to write a short story with someone in the class so that we can learn whatever he said about writing with someone we don't know and having our creativity come together so he was going to be choosing partners" I just nodding waiting for him to continue "yeah well a little birdie told me that Vinnie convinced him to let him do the project with you"

I stare at him blankly registering what he just said, I couldn't have heard that correctly "I'm sorry, would you repeat that for me really quick" I ask not even looking at him or anything in particular

He sighs "you heard me correctly, you and Vinnie are working together" I shake my head confused "why would Vinnie ask or convince Mr.Jean to have us work together, he doesn't like me and I don't like him it makes no sense," I say shaking my head in disbelief. "Beats me, he probably did it just to piss you off, but you'll be fine and if he does something to you just let me know and I'll show him whos really the best boxer at Saints High, but like lowkey he can beat my ass so I'll just at least try to get one punch in for you" I laugh at his response and he laughs as well

Moments later the bell rang and we both made our way to lit class. I hope that what he said isn't true, I'll die if I have to work with Vinnie on this project, how the hell am I supposed to write a short story with him, does even know how to write a story? Most likely not.

I walk into class and take a seat next to Sabrina while Aaron and Chris sit together. I look up to see Vinnie walk in flirting with some blond, of course it's a blonde, not that I care. I don't care about who he flirts with, I just wish he did it more discreetly or at least maybe with a brunette with hazel eyes who also happens to b-.

My thoughts get interrupted when I feel someone move a piece of my hair behind my ear. I look up to see no other than the devil himself, Vinnie. "Hello Ella," he says with a smirk. I hate that he calls me that, all of my friends and family either call me "Nora" or just "El" that's it and I hate that he's the only one who calls me that because it almost seems like he has his own little name for me.

"What do you want" I mumble not even bothering to make eye contact with him, "I don't know where you've been but on the board, it says to sit with your partner shows whos working together, and so happen to be working together," he says as he sits down at the sit where Sabrina was just sitting a second ago

What? When did she move?

Fuck. that means Vinnie is actually my partner.

"Surprise, surprise" I mumble still avoiding to look at him, he just chuckles "come on Ella we have to at least get part of the outline done of what we're going to write about," he says as he starts touching my hair but I quickly smack his hand away causing him to let out a soft chuckle "sorry princess"

"Oh my gosh I think I have the perfect thing to write about okay, how about these two people ones a girl and the other is a boy, okay yeah well the girl deeply dislikes the boy and just really wants to know why the hell and how the hell he convinced the lit teacher to have them work together on an assignment where they have to write a short story together" I say aggravated finally looking at him now

He licks his lips before responding "you know that sound oddly specific and too similar to what we're doing, I don't think it would give us a good grade" he signs and continues "the only thing that didn't really happen was me convincing Mr.Jean having us work together" he got closer and whispered "I simply threatened that if he were to have you work with another guy then he can say bye bye to working at this school......baby can't you see that id give you anything you want....baby id do anything for you" and with that, he licked the top of my ear making my heart skip a beat and my breathing to go shallow.

Fuck

I felt my face heat with embarrassment, I was too scared to even look around to see if anyone just saw that. I had to leave, like now. I quickly gather my things and speed out of class but not before informing Mr. Jean with a lie "sorry lady thing I have to go" and with that I was out of the classroom.

Did Vinnie just make me nervous?

Ew no of course he didn't I just got a little embarrassed that's all.

But why?