Chapter 7

Elanora

I hear a knock on my bedroom door as it opens, I look over seeing Jacob leaning against the door "what's the point in knocking if you're just gonna walk in?" I ask annoyed.

He shrugs his shoulders "well you get mad at me when I don't knock, so I knocked this time, but Vinnie's downstairs waiting on you so go" he says leaving my room.

I groan grabbing my notebook and pencil making my way out of my room. I haven't really been talking to him or going near him for that matter after what happened in the kitchen. I didn't like how he made me feel, I don't like that he was right. I don't like that I liked it.

Walking into the kitchen I see him sitting on the stool looking up at me when I walk in. "Hello gorgeous," he says with a smile on his face.

I roll my eyes "let's just get this done" I say sitting down next to him placing my book on the kitchen island.

When I go to open my book he takes it from my hand "Ella, are gonna go to the school dance?" he asks

I nod "yeah why"

"will you go with me"

I laugh "yeah in your dreams"

"Why only in my dreams?"

I huff grabbing my book back from him, I don't want to do this today. I mean he had to know that I was gonna say no to going to the dance with him so obviously, he has to have more planned to ask me.

"Let's make a deal, let me take you out on a date, just one date, and if you enjoy yourself you let me take you to the dance, but if you end up hating it then I promise to never ask you to anything for.... the rest of high school and we don't have to go to the school dance together"

I stare at him blankly "how about I just don't go to the school dance with you because there's no way I'd let you take me on a date" I say opening up my book looking for the page that I wrote in the other day.

I hear him sigh "Ella"

"It's Elanora," I say a bit too harsh looking over at him. I see him smirk at me "I like Ella".

He moves his stool closer to mine "Ella, come on, it's just a date. What are you scared that you're gonna fall in love with me?" he asks pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

I go to smack his hand away as I hear footsteps entering the kitchen "Vinnie, we need to go meet up with Jordan. You guys can finish this another time."Jacob says.

"But I just got here" Vinnie complains "fine, I'll see you later Ella," he says as he grabs his stuff leaving with Jacob.

Fall in love with him? Who does he thinks I am? He can go and erase whatever fantasy he has about me falling in love with him because it'll never happen.

I grab my book heading back upstairs into my room, entering my room I put I grab my phone, going on Spotify putting my playlist on shuffle. Rx(Medicate) by Theory of a deadman plays as I text Sabrina.

Me: Hey

Sabrina: Hey

Me: You busy?

Sabrina: Depends, why?

Me: Can I go over?

Sabrina: Depends, can we watch gossip girl when you come over

Me: Depends, will you back off Nate

Sabrina: Never.

Me: Fine, I'll be there in 20

Sabrina: KK, Imma order pizza