Chapter 5

Elenora

Walking into English lit I see Vinnie already sitting down, he looks up at smirking, I roll my eyes as I make my way to sit down next to him. I take my notebooks out of my bag and place them on the desk.

"You weren't here yesterday" Vinnie whispers

"Doctors appointment" I lie

"Bullshit, you're lucky I don't tell your brother about your problem with skipping class. You know it's called a duo writing project for a reason not an uno solo writing project" he grumbles

I give a small laugh "uno as in the game" I say not really asking, I know what he means.

"No uno as in one, like in Spanish. You know what whatever shut up"

I let out a small laugh, feeling his eyes on me I quickly get rid of the smile I have on my face and look up at Ms. Jean pretending to be paying attention to what she's saying.

Once she finishes speaking everyone starts to continue with their writing, "so since you haven't been coming to class I started a few little writing pieces so you can see which one you like the most" he says handing me his notebook

"You, or your little girlfriends?" I ask looking over at him

He rolls his eyes "believe it or not, I like to do my own work. Now read them"

I start reading the pieces he wrote, they're all really good but the one that caught my eye was the last one.

'There she stood in her cute little black dress, hair uncombed messy from the disaster that happened only moments ago, tears streaming down her face, I hold her knowing it may be the last time "you don't love me?" she asks softly "no '' I lied. she looked up at me with a dark sad look in her eyes and there I knew. She would soon hate me forever. It's been five years now, she's in a new little black dress, except now it's not me holding her and it's not me she loves. It's me who loves her and her who loves him. Her hair is freshly combed, there's no tears streaming down her face, only a beautiful smile planted on her lips. I don't hate you E-'.

Before I could finish reading it Vinnie snatched the book from my hand "all the stories except for that one" he mumbles. I felt deja vu rush over me after reading that, as if I was that girl.

"Vinnie" I start but he interrupts me

"I'll come to your house after boxing practice so we can discuss what to write, I forgot I was supposed to meet with Coach this period" and with that, he packs up his stuff. I watch as he walks up to the teacher saying something to her and she nods giving a pink slip then he walks out of the class.

I start thinking about the sixth grade when me and Vinnie used to be friends. Shocker right? It's weird to think that there was a time where I would call him my friend. I shake my head to get rid of the thought. It's obviously not about me. I open my notebook and grab my pencil to start writing the girl's perspective.

'There he stood in a black hoodie and black jeans, hair messy from the disaster that happened only moments ago, tears streaming down his face, he holds me feeling like it may be the last time, I asked softly "you don't love me?" "No'' he replies and I feel my heart sink to my stomach. I looked up at him with a dark sad look in my eyes and there I knew. He would never love me. It's been five years now, he's in a new black hoodie, except now it's not him holding me but it's still not me who he loves. It's him deceiving me and me who loves him. His hair is freshly washed, there's no tears streaming down our faces, only a beautiful smile planted on his lips, and a fake smile planted on mine. If you don't hate me then how do you feel? Because I still love you Vin-'