Chapter 6

Vinnie

"So Vinnie, are you going to get a date to the dance, or are you just gonna hook up with every girl you see" Jacob asks passing me the basketball.

Jacob and Jordan are on the basketball court with me outside my house while Maddy and Nai are having a little picnic 10 feet away from the court.

Throwing the basketball in the net I look over at Jacob "depends will you let me take your sister" I ask in a joking way even though I'm not joking.

I do want to take Ella to the dance but even if Jacob would let me take her I know she will never agree to go with me.

She hasn't really been talking to me ever since the stunt I pulled in the kitchen at her house last week. The last thing she said to me was how we should both write a chapter for the story and then look it over next week. Tomorrow marks the next week so I can finally see her and talk to her.

I mean the dance isn't even until next month which means I still have time to convince her to go with me. Even if Jacob says no and disapproves I don't care I want her and he's not gonna stop me.

The look on his face shows that my prediction was correct. I mean it's obvious. "my sister is not someone for you to joke around about fucking" he says sternly grabbing the basketball.

"I wasn't joking about fucking her, I was just asking to take her to the dance"

"The answer is no" Jacob says, throwing the basketball at me hard.

I chuckle shaking my head catching it "come on why not? I'm not gonna touch her" I throw the basketball back at him equally as hard.

"Bullshit" he says, catching it then throwing it back.

"no joke" I say catching the basketball then throwing it in the net again.

"Damn I think Vinnie has a thing little miss Nor Nor" Maddy says laughing but only Jacob laughs along with her.

"Her name is Ellanora or Nora, not Nor Nor, you know she doesn't like that" Nai says defending Ella since she's not here to defend herself.

Only I call her Ella, I've been calling her that since the sixth grade and I made sure that nobody else calls her that. It's my nickname for her. Nobody else.

"I don't have a crush on little miss White, I just thought that" I don't finish my sentence not knowing any good excuse.

"you just thought what?" Jordan asks.

"Nothing, it's not important. The point is I don't have a crush on her" I lie.

"Okay, so you just want to fuck my sister?" Jacob asks shooting the basketball in the net.

"If you gave me permission I sure would" I say putting my hands up.

Jacob shakes his head laughing "touch her and I'll fucking kill you."

Yeah right back at yeah.

I know he would never touch her in a sexual way, but if I find out that he hits her, I will go after him. I still can't get over that night of the party with him screaming at her in front of everybody and calling her a slut, I was about ready to knock him out right then and there.

I had to threaten kids at school not to talk about what happened at the party because I don't think I can bare to see what would happen and how she would feel with all eyes on her and people making fun of her.

"Is that a yes to taking her to the dance?"

"Fuck no."

"Damn I'm sorry Vinnie, your just gonna have to get another crush" Jordan says patting my back

"It's not a crush" I protest

"Better not fucking be" Jacob says throwing the basketball over at Jordan who catches it then shoots it in the net.

It's more than a crush