Dragon slayers

The next day Chloe looked for the new students but instead found an angry Hope. It turned out that Landon supposedly stole an ancient knife  and ran off and everyone is looking for him while Rafael is defending his foster brother and Chloe is just watching everything from the sidelines.

"Chloe you were trained in combat by the pack that found you right?" Alaric asked Chloe and she nodded in response. "Good come with me we have to get Landon back" he said and Chloe internally groaned in annoyance but still silently complied with his commands following him.

***
Alaric, hope, Rafael and Chloe were in Mr Saltzman's car, Rafael invited himself and the tension in the car was so thick you could cut it with a knife so Chloe just stared out of the window and zoning out until the car came to a stop indicating that they've arrived.

When they got out of the car there was a bus that looked like it came to a sudden stop but when they spotted a bus in flames that looked as if it exploded and hope got into another argument with Rafael but now there wasn't a window for Chloe to look through and zone out so she started sniffing silently for Landon's scent and after a few minutes she got a whiff of the boy and walked back only to find that they were still arguing.

"Are you done because I got his brother's scent" Chloe said in an annoyed tone both of their heads snapped to her and she rolled her eyes before walking in the direction Landon's scent came from.

Landon, Hope, Alaric and Rafael  were already arguing and Chloe wanted to rip off her ears not wanting to listen to another argument but then there was this fire breathing woman attacking them and they all rushed into the cabin or basement thing ahead.When they got down Landon was denying the fact that he's a thief, hope and Alaric was accusing him of stealing the pile of valuable goods in front of them and Rafael was defending him which was getting on Chloe's nerves.

"Okay now your starting to work on my last nerve" she yelled making everyone go quiet, "We are practically in a life or death situation and your worried wether or not this man child human stole valuables, during the time you've spent worrying about that we could have found out what that thing is and how to stop it" Chloe ranted before massaging her temples and letting out a sigh and Alaric called Dorian to do research to find out what they were dealing with and the only thing they could narrow it down to a dragon and everyone in the room was skeptical.

"So, how do we kill it?" Asked hope.

"From all these stories here-" Dorian spoke but Alaric cut him off.

"From fiction"

"It says you need a boatload of courage and a sword" Dorian explained ignoring Alaric's statement.

"What about an ancient knife" Chloe suggested referring to the knife in Hopes hand.

Chloe stayed inside with Mr Saltzman forced by him leaving Hope and Rafael to fight the dragon woman alone Chloe didn't want to hear what was going on inside so she focused her hearing outside and it sounded that Hope dropped the knife and it landed far from her and not anywhere near Rafael so she ran out of the dragons lair and saw that her ears weren't lying to her she ran at human pace of course and slid on the ground to grab the knife and used her legs to launch herself at the woman as she was nearby and stabbed the dragon,woman, thing through it's heart and the body went limp falling to the ground and thought that,that was way too easy but quickly pushed the thought out of her mind.

Alaric walked out of the lair with Landon trailing behind him.

"Let's give her a proper burial, see if you can get a shovel" Alaric piped up after noticing the corpse and the children except for Chloe  left to look for a shovel and Alaric's phone started ringing.