chapter 9: Game On!

Y/n entered the class quickly and sat down at her seat slipping her bag off he shoulders. She smiled brightly to herself as she took her notebook out
Life is going GREAT!

She looked at the board before turning around facing shoya "hey shoya!"

Shoya looked up feeling her vibrant energy "hello y/n- you okay? You look happy..a bit too happy-"
"Me and kazuki made up!" She grinned before seeing shoya faintly smile
"That's great to hear"

Miki glanced over hearing the news, and boy did it hurt her heart. She glared at the gorgeous h/c girl and continued writing notes in anger.

Y/n placed a pile of papers on shoyas desk and looked up at him "I need a favor-"
"What is it?" He looked at the papers about to read it but y/n slammed her hands on the stack of sheets "you can't read it!!! I need you to give these to a friend actually" she rubbed her neck acting embarrassed so he could buy the scene.
"I forgot to give them this um- homework but I'm so busy after school- kazuki is resting at the nurses today cause he um- tripped down a hill" she dramatically sighed through the somewhat lie making shoya tilt his head concerned on why they had a whole stack as homework
"I guess I can give them to your friend if you want- where's the room?"

"Oh it's in building A9! room 127" Y/n grinned. this plan was gonna work. She could feel it. All shoya has to do is give the papers to shouko on purpose and then BOOM no longer single.

I should totally be cupid right now. I'm so good at this.
Shoya gazed at the stack "sure I'll give it to them.
"Thanks shoya I really owe you one"
Y/n turned back around in victory before starting to write notes down.

Shoya placed the papers aside keeping his word and started writing notes down as well.

<time skip lmao>
Y/n packed up and looked at shoya "I'll see you later okay? Make sure to give them to a girl okay? Just so you don't get super confused! Their nickname is shoberry alright?"
Shoya gave her an uneasy stare before nodding as she walked off. He stood up and stacked the papers up then stepped out of the classroom walking his way to an unexpected trap.
--
(Shoyas pov)
Shit. I'm lost.
I looked around the building trying to look for the right room, but I can't find it. She said room 127 but I don't know if It was downstairs or upstairs- maybe if I ask someone for a girl by shoberry? God this is embarrassing..
I glanced around seeing a few people look at me- probably cause I don't look like I belong here..oh wait- I should ask them, they look nice enough to help.

"Hey excuse me I'm looking for someone by the nickname of Shoberry-"
I tapped someone's shoulder before seeing them turn around at the sound of the name. A bright smile caught his eyes as he realized who the girl in front of him was.

Oh my god.

Shoya looked at the person as his eyes widened.
"Shouko?"

Her eyes widened slightly as well before her smile struggled staying up. She quickly hurried off away from shoya. Was she scared? Her heart was beating quite a lot. How did he know that Nickname? The only one who knew was-
"Hey wait!" Shoya chased after her running down the stairs as she noticed he was still on her tale.

She crouched down hiding against the wall by the smaller set of stairs, she almost got passed too but shoya looked down on time to spot her. "H-hey,,,i-uh..someone told me to give this to you."

Shouko stood up faintly hearing him before looking at the stack of paper.
The bee movie script? Her eyes showed a bit of confusion before it turned into a deadpanned face
This was definitely the work of y/n l/n.

Shoya pulled his bag up front and took a notebook out "i-i wanted to give this to you as well.." Shouko looked at the book as shoya placed it on the pile. Her eyes gazed down at the notebook and looked back up at shoya who started moving his hands.

"Do you wanna be friends?" He moved his hands in sign language to help her understand in which, she placed the notebook half way up to her face as she started to smile and nod slightly.

"Oh that's great- wait! Don't cry!" He panicked as shouko felt tears stroll down her face.
"I'm sorry I didn't realize that's what you were saying the whole time." Shouko smiled up at him as her heart skipped a beat.