Chapter 3: karma

Y/n read her book silently until she heard a loud yell and jumped looking over at the source.

She glared at shoya holding a paper folded into a tunnel.
Y/n raised an eyebrow until she looked at shouko shutting her ears.

Miki looked at her "you okay? That must have been surprising!"
The teacher looked over "Shoya. Do you want detention?"

Shoya laughed in his sleeve "no sir!"
Y/n glared at him and looked back down at her book

---

During class break Ueno skipped over to shouko "hey sho!" She moved her hair seeing devices in her ears "does that mean you can actually hear us?"

Y/n looked over from the window where she chilled next to kazuki "oh sweet" she smiled until Shoya looked over "hey let me see!"

Ueno took her devices and shouko quickly tried to grab them before Ueno tossed it at Shoya.

"Ueno you can't-"
"Ew is that ear wax?! Gross!" Shoya interrupted y/n and throw them towards the window.

Y/n caught one quickly but her eyes widened seeing the other device get lost in the field.

Kazuki looked over "holy shit that's gonna take forever to find.."

Shoya laughed to himself and y/n ran over giving her one of her devices "I-I'm so sorry" y/n frowned as shouko put the left one in and frowned at her.

Y/n glared at shoya "shoya! What's wrong with you?!" Shoya stopped and looked at her staying silent.

--
It didn't take long for shoya to start physically hurting shouko. Tripping and taking her Hearing aids along with other cruel things made y/n sick in the stomach.

Shoya tossed a paper ball at shoukos head and y/n growled "Shoya leave her alone!!"

Shoya looked at her and smirked before reaching over and pulled the devices out of her ears once again but this time shouko yelped in pain and covered her ears quickly. Y/ns eyes widened seeing the blood drip from her hands and immediately ran over "shouko!" Miki quickly went to her side "oh my god she's bleeding!!"

Shoya looked at her shocked while y/n took shouko to the nurse quickly.

Kazuki glared over "that was too far Shoya."

--
Shoya stepped out of the office "god I hate four eyes."
Y/n glared "you completely deserved that Shoya! You damaged her ears!!"

"I was having fun! It's not my fault you can't take a joke!"
Kazuki glared and held y/n back "Shoya that was cruel joke If it even was that"

Shoya scoffed "whatever come on let's head out before miki comes yelling at me too"
Keisuke walked behind Shoya and y/n glared "no way I'm not going with you."
Shoya looked at her "stop it y/n let's go already"

Kazuki placed a hand on her shoulder "..come on..."

The four started walking out of school grounds until shouko walked infront of them. Y/n looked at her about to say something until Shoya stepped infront "great now what? Your in my way!"

Shouko grabbed his hand and looked at him. Shoya pulled his hand away "what are you doing?!"

Keisuke laughed "dude look she wants to hold his hand! He's blushing!!"

Kazuki laughed slightly in his sleeve. Y/n ignored them and observing the scene.

Shouko pointed at her and him then joined hands "fwiends?"

Shoya glared "no way!"

Shouko took her notebook out and wrote 'sorry' showing him

Y/n frowned at her attempts before Shoya glared "your not sorry your just pathetic!!" He grabbed her notebook and throw it in a pond "let's go. " he walked passed shouko.