My Heart Isn't Broken It's Burned

Stiles looked over to the right side of his bed, where Hope would usually sleep. But it lay empty and cold.

He clenched his jaw standing up as the sun started to rise. He got dressed in his old clothes that weren't as fireproof as the others but he didn't care at the moment.

Walking into Alaric's office he immediately went for the alcohol he kept stashed away from the other students.

A few minutes later Alaric walked in to find that Stiles had drained half of the bottle.

"I can't get drunk anymore," He said, looking at the bottle sadly,"Ever since I started sleeping with Hope my metabolism increased."

"Wanna talk about it?" Alaric asked, taking the bottle from Stiles.

"Yes, I would love to talk about how I've been secretly having sex with a Tribrid with the head master who is like a father to her," Stiles said sarcastically.

"You guys have been using protection, right?" Alaric asked.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Stiles asked, shaking his head in frustration,"Yes, we have."

"It's easier for mates to end up pregnant," Alaric reminded him.

Stiles was silent for a moment,"What's going to happen to Cleo?"

"We're gonna put her back in the artifact," Alaric replied.

"Kaleb might kill you," Stiles told him before leaving.

Stiles walked into the cafeteria surprised to find Finch there with Josie.

"You know, you can relax. Nobody here bites," Josie said, as Finch continued to look around nervously,"That was a marginal-at-best werewolf pun. I was expecting some sort of sarcastic response."

"Sorry, I'm a little overwhelmed," Finch replied,"Werewolves, witches, vampires--"

"Don't forget Hellhounds," Stiles said, sitting down across from them,"Well... Hellhound. I'm the only one here so far."

"You?" Finch said in surprise.

"Yes, me," Stiles said,"Nice to see the secrets out. Oh, crap, I just reminded myself of a heartbreaking moment," Stiles said, dropping his head onto the table with a thump.

"What's he talking about?" Finch asked.

Josie looked at Stiles with a questioning glance, and without even looking at her Stiles replied,"You can tell her."

"He was with a girl named Hope for a while," Josie explained,"Neither of them knew it yet, but they were mates. That means that they were supposedly drawn together by the universe or something like that. Stiles found out a few weeks later, but he kept it from Hope. Then Hope found out now she's not talking to him."

"Ouch," Finch said,"And when you mean with her--"

"We had sex, lots of it," Stiles said, looking up,"Josie that reminds me, are you moving back into your old room?"

"Yeah, why?" Josie said, confused.

"You might want to change the sheets," Stiles replied.

"You didn't," Josie said with a growl that could rival a werewolf.

"Hope's the one that pulled me into the room," Stiles said innocently,"I didn't even know it was yours. Actually when I think about it, I should probably just wash the whole school," He said, standing up and walking away with a look of deep thought.

As Stiles was about to leave the doors open he bumped into Hope.

"Hi," He said awkwardly, but she just glared at him, shoving past him.