Reunion

Hope's eyes shot open and she sat bolt upright, looking around at her unfamiliar surroundings, it looked like a cabin bedroom. The bed she was in had flannel covers, and when she peeked under them she could confirm that she was definitely naked.

Breathing shakily, she stood, walking over to the open closet door and snatched the robe that was hanging on the corner of the door, wrapping it around herself tightly.

She went to the door to the bedroom and she held her breath, preparing herself for whatever creature she would have to fight.

The door slammed open and it was a hallway, she took a step onto the cold wooden floor boards.

The hallway ended at a staircase and when she looked downstairs her eyes widened.

It was a cabin, but not like a creepy cabin that could be found in the woods, it was beautiful. The fireplace built into the wall, roaring with life. And with a glance on the wall she knew exactly whose house this was.

The legendary crest of the Original family, a calligraphic M. This cabin belonged to her family. And technically her.

Hope had flashes of coming here, Stiles. Stiles had brought her here, he brought her back to life too, without putting her in transition.

She felt something tug on her heart and she followed it, going outside feet stepped onto snow.

Snow, it was in the middle of summer and they were someplace where it snowed.

Hope's eyes went to fifteen feet in front of her where Stiles was sitting, wrapped in flames.

She smiled, her heart warming at the sight of her mate for the first time. As she started to walk toward him, she noticed how the snow around him was melting. But when she got closer to him, she felt the heat of the fire, but it was more of a comfort than a scalding hot.

Hope kneeled down behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. The flames she touched were like a blanket of warmth and comfort to her. Stiles's fire couldn't do anything to harm her.

"Hi," Stiles said, turning his head to look at her, his eyes glowing, but he smiled at her.

Hope shifted so she was sitting next to Stiles, her own smile widening at the sight of his,"Hi," She said, looking over the snow covered plain, nothing in sight for dozens of miles,"Where are we?" Hope found herself asking.

"Somewhere in Greenland," Stiles answered.

"Why?"

"I don't know..." Stiles admitted,"When I took off from Mystic Falls, this place just popped into my head. I've never even been here before."

"My Aunt once told me about this place," Hope said, recalling what Rebekah had told her about Greenland,"One of the best places to watch the northern lights."

Stiles hummed, taking her hand in his,"Does that mean we have telepathy?"

Hope laughed,"You're so cute."

Stiles hesitated a moment before speaking again,"We have a lot to talk about, Hope."

Hope closed her eyes, leaning her head against Stiles's shoulder,"I know."

"And I don't mean like a friendly talk, it's like a life decisions kind of talk," Stiles added.

"I know, Stiles."

"An insane life decision that we can never take back if we say yes--"

Hope shut him up with a kiss, moaning as she felt goosebumps spread across her body for touching Stiles for the first time in weeks.