Homecoming

Hope fire proofed Stiles's clothes and her own, and they looked at the cabin one last time, part of them wishing that they could just stay there forever holding each other's arms, then Stiles scooped up Hope, his fire igniting.

Wrapping her arms around Stiles's neck, he takes off running, each step in the snow leaving a footprint of fire.

Then he jumps into the air and doesn't come down, he just keeps going up and up until the cabin was only a dot to Hope's vision.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Hope buried her face in Stiles's neck as they went horizontal, and he continued to fly back toward the US. A long streak of fire behind him.

Stiles had always loved heights, as soon as he found out he could, he wanted to just explore the sky, but Hope being in danger of dying was more important to him.

He turned onto his back, and Hope let out a squeak, never once unwrapping her arms from around Stiles's neck.

"Don't do that!" She shouted over the wind.

"Are you afraid of heights?" Stiles replied as he started to slow down to only maybe eighty miles an hour.

Hope shifted her position so it was almost like she was laying perfectly on top of Stiles, and she locked her ankles around his back, tightening her hold on him, keeping her head buried in his neck,"No," She whimpered as Stiles wrapped his own arms around her, an extra precaution for her safety,"Just uncomfortable about being hundreds of feet up in the air."

Stiles spun again, and Hope suppressed a scream,"Stop it!" She snapped.

Smirking, Stiles suddenly drops, going straight down, then doing a spiraling motion and as the ocean neared he shot back up again, and Hope was screaming the entire time.

He suddenly leveled out, the flight becoming smooth. Her breathing hard against his chest.

"I would never let you fall, Hope," Stiles whispered to her soothingly, keeping one arm wrapped around her body to keep her steady while the other ran up and down her back.

Stiles decided to take a little more time to go back home. And slowly as Stiles changed so his back was toward the Earth and Hope slowly peeked up, surrounded by clouds, she hesitantly stretched a hand upward letting her hand flow through a cloud.

Looking up at Stiles' face, she was smiling, the little roller coaster incident now forgotten. Hesitantly she leaned upward more, almost like he was a bike and she was riding him through the sky.

Keeping hold of one of her hands, she looked at the sunrise, turning the sky a vibrant yellow, and it was the second most beautiful thing Stiles had ever seen. The first one being his mate.

"Hold on," Stiles said as they started to descend back toward the ocean, and the water was so still where they were that it looked like a mirror.

When Hope's legs started getting tired of holding onto Stiles, he shifted their positions so he was holding her bridal style once again, his fire keeping her warm.

She trusted him not to let her fall.

They zoomed above the surface of the ocean and she reached out a hand, touching the water and it flowed through her fingers.

They made a stop in a small town diner in the US, maybe a couple more hours of flight time till they got back to Mystic Falls.

"Neither of us have eaten anything in a week," Hope said, dipping a fry into a milkshake, and popping it into her mouth,"How were we not hungry that entire time?"

"We also slept like a full hour and I'm not feeling at all tired from it," Stiles added.

Hope then looked up at a TV set up, hanging from the ceiling, and she went white as a sheet,"Stiles...look," She whispered.