Forced Marriage

Her heart had started thumping loudly against her ribcage as she finally stood in front of the huge door of the ball room waiting for the guards to open it for her. It wasn't the first time but somehow she never got used to the feeling of being the center of attention.

"Attention! The crown princess of Dnexaro, Her Highness Claudia Ava Morissette is here." As the guards opened the doors for her, the royal announcer announced her presence which caused silence in the ball room for a while.

The silence she dreaded the most.

She felt all the eyes on her as she walked down the decorated pathway gracefully, her head which was holding a mesmerizing silver tiara, held high. She didn't let an ounce of the nervousness which she was feeling inside to be shown on her face. That was one of her talents.

The aisle led her to the thrones of her mother and father. Their eyes were fixed on her as well as she performed the little act of courtesy while greeting them and then turned to sit on her usual spot towards the right side of her father's throne.

A quick glance towards her four sisters who were already seated in their spots and she immediately felt that nagging feeling in her gut once again. They were all dressed up in the usual striking ball gowns like their mother. She let her eyes swiftly wander around to take in the lavish outfits of the noble ladies present in the hall. She was the only one who stood out and kind of seemed out of place in that white dress.

She tried to smile at her sisters who had this weird bored look on their faces. None of them smiled back except the youngest one who also added a small wave of hand with the smile. She wanted to wave back but refrained as it was "un-lady-like" according to the Queen's instructions.

She couldn't help but wonder if the youngest sister would also become bitter and closed off towards her when she grows up just like the other ones. Or maybe if they were from the same mother their relationship wouldn't have been like that.

Her eyes took in her little baby brother inside the cradle bedside her mother's throne and a smile formed over her lips immediately. She always assured herself that her longing for a loving sibling would fulfill when he will grow up into a handsome protective brother.

"Attention! His Royal Highness, King Geiger Devian Hagridson has reached." The Royal announcer's voice echoed and the chattering halted, all eyes on the doorway once again.

Curiosity irked up inside her as well while she stood up with her father to greet their respectful guest. She had been hearing about the arrival of King Geiger to their kingdom and how important this meeting was for them for the past few weeks. Although she had quite little interest in those political matters, she was looking forward to meeting the king everyone was talking about.

As the doors parted, she tilted her head slightly upwards to get a better view but the first person who came in sight was their own handsome general, Alec Preston.

Their eyes met for a brief moment and she gave him a wide smile which he didn't return for a good few moments. From afar it seemed like his lips parted slightly upon taking in her sight and then he finally greeted her with a slight bow of his head and his habitual stern face. She never saw him smile in forever but she never gave up on trying to make him laugh or atleast smile.

He had saved her from her father on multiple occasions when she had sneaked out of the Palace by covering her up and also he was the one who was loyally fulfilling all the duties of the state with her father which she was supposed to be doing as the crown-princess. She never saw him just as a servant but a good friend but he on the other hand never crossed his limits and treated her as demanded by her position.

As the general and royal security parted to reveal the guest walking amidst them, a wave of disappointment ran through the population of eager ladies who were standing on their tiptoes to get a sight of the lavish bachelor King.

She herself couldn't hide the shock that dawned upon her features as the King walked straight up to them with a grin on his chubby face that was barely differentiated from his neck due to the amount of mass hanging down his chin.

Maybe he has some kind of hormonal issues, she thought to herself upon looking at his abnormally fat body.

After greeting her parents, he turned to her with the same grin which had widened a bit. He held his hand out for her and she noticed how the expensive looking rings seemed to be forcefully stuck in between the chunks of mass on his fingers.

In order to show her respect she slightly bent down to match his small height but she wasn't sure if that gesture came out as respectful or mocking. Her mother's glaring reaction confirmed that it was indeed not very respectful hence she immediately pulled herself back up pretending her previous act as just an bow of courtesy.

"It's an honour to have your presence among us." She barely hid the disapproval on her face while saying so as he kissed the back of her hand with his eyes checking her out shamelessly.

"This is my daughter Claudia and this is King Geiger…"

She was giving her best fake smile upon the introduction by her father and trying to get her hand out of his grip. She didn't understand why he wasn't letting it go already or how he had the nerve to look at her like that in the presence of her father, the King.

But the smile was completely wiped off her face as soon as her father's sentence was completed.

"...your future husband."